Sign-up for our email list!

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:08 PM

http://www.logos.com/products/search?q=&Christian+Group=Reformed

If you haven't already, click on the link above and opt-in to receive emails from our new Reformed email list. Not only will you receive product updates and news, but you will also receive exclusive coupon codes and discounts EVERY MONTH that no one else will have visibility to see.

So go NOW and sign-up! Smile

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 2761
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:53 AM

Gabe Martini:

Thanks, Gabe.

One question, and you are free to decline to answer: Are the Logos employees assigned to the various areas (i.e. reformed, Lutheran, Orthodox, etc.) subscribers to that respective system of thought, or are these assignments made without reference to the theological systems of the employee?

Just curious how Logos does this.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1873
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 12 2013 11:25 AM

Gabe Martini:

So I did!

… and got the following message

Crying

So it seems I'm not allowed just to be signed up to this list. Roll Eyes

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 12 2013 11:32 AM

Alan Macgregor:

Gabe Martini:

Every blessing

Alan

Alan, let me check on this for you. Can you email me and let me know the email address you're using?

Faithlife

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 12 2013 11:33 AM

Doc B:

One question, and you are free to decline to answer: Are the Logos employees assigned to the various areas (i.e. reformed, Lutheran, Orthodox, etc.) subscribers to that respective system of thought, or are these assignments made without reference to the theological systems of the employee?

Doc,

Yes, we are all in our roles because of our affiliations with those traditions, as well as a background in marketing, publishing, sales, etc.

I am obviously a little unique, since I own three markets currently. Wink

Faithlife

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 7:53 AM

Doc B:

Are the Logos employees assigned to the various areas (i.e. reformed, Lutheran, Orthodox, etc.) subscribers to that respective system of thought, or are these assignments made without reference to the theological systems of the employee?

From what Bob has said on another thread, he is forbidden by law to ask what church, if any, people who apply for a job belong to. That said, I would imagine that if someone applies for a job handling a particular denominational market, they would be pretty eager to emphasize their connections to that denomination, so I dare say it gets discussed anyway.Smile

I don't know, not being American, but I would presume the same law also forbids him to discriminate based on faith, so he probably couldn't hire one person over another based solely on that person having the 'right' faith for that particular job. But I doubt that's much of a problem in real life: people would normally want to work with, and be most qualified to work with, the church they belong to. The exception would be when one market is considered too small for a full time job, making it necessary to combine it with something else, which I guess is what happened to Gabe.Smile (Though he does have a background in all three churches, from what I understand.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:48 AM

It's more of a job qualification or area of expertise than it is a personnel issue. Logos certainly would never discriminate for any reason whatsoever -- I've never worked with a group of more honorable individuals. Yes

For the record, I grew up Southern Baptist, studied Calvinism and Lutheranism extensively for about 7 years (was in the RPCNA and PCA during that time, spent a while at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY), and eventually converted to Orthodoxy after that. Smile I am now a subdeacon in the Orthodox Church, working to become a deacon and perhaps presbyter someday (down the road).

Faithlife

Posts 6473
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 9:23 AM

fgh:
From what Bob has said on another thread, he is forbidden by law to ask what church, if any, people who apply for a job belong to. That said, I would imagine that if someone applies for a job handling a particular denominational market, they would be pretty eager to emphasize their connections to that denomination, so I dare say it gets discussed anyway

For a Production Manager, I do not think it is best to cross platform, unless as you said, the market is too small to hire a full time Manager. 

While someone maybe of faith tradition "A", and have studied extensively in the writings of faith tradition "B" (Phd. in religion and a dissertation along with postgraduate research in faith "B") that individual may be able to recommend books for faith "B". However, when it comes to relating to publishing houses etc.,  they may have the short end of the stick.

Having said that, I would strongly recommend that Production Managers be of the same faith that they recommend books for.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 9:24 AM

And from what I read on your blog yesterday, half your family is Catholic. You really cover it all, don't you?Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 9:26 AM

fgh:

And from what I read on your blog yesterday, half your family is Catholic. You really cover it all, don't you?Smile

I'm a one-man WCC.

Faithlife

Posts 2761
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 9:44 AM

fgh:
From what Bob has said on another thread, he is forbidden by law to ask what church, if any, people who apply for a job belong to.

That would have to be Washington State law, not federal law.  Under EEOC guidelines, we (a Baptist university) are free to "discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill our mission statement".  There are many in federal government who want to try to change this, but it's been this way for generations, now.

But I'm in Texas, and I don't know what happens in Washington.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 2761
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 9:45 AM

Gabe Martini:
For the record, I grew up Southern Baptist, studied Calvinism and Lutheranism extensively for about 7 years (was in the RPCNA and PCA during that time, spent a while at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY), and eventually converted to Orthodoxy after that.

You just became a candidate for 'most interesting man in the world'.  Fascinating. Sounds like you are the man for the job!

Posts 1873
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:06 AM

Gabe

Thanks for responding.

I only have one email address; the one I'm registered with in Logos.

Since I don't have your Logos email I can't let you know privately; and I sure won't be broadcasting it across the internet.

Every blessing

Alan

BTW Tried again still same refusal message. Shut out again! Crying

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:15 AM

Alan Macgregor:

Gabe

Thanks for responding.

I only have one email address; the one I'm registered with in Logos.

Since I don't have your Logos email I can't let you know privately; and I sure won't be broadcasting it across the internet.

Every blessing

Alan

BTW Tried again still same refusal message. Shut out again! Crying

It's possible you've global-unsubscribed, which would prevent you from subscribing to a single list. Email me at gabe dot martini at logos dot com with your email addy, and we'll get you corrected.

Faithlife

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:15 AM

Doc B:

Gabe Martini:
For the record, I grew up Southern Baptist, studied Calvinism and Lutheranism extensively for about 7 years (was in the RPCNA and PCA during that time, spent a while at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY), and eventually converted to Orthodoxy after that.

You just became a candidate for 'most interesting man in the world'.  Fascinating. Sounds like you are the man for the job!

Well I do have a beard.

Faithlife

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 7 2013 10:08 AM

Alan Macgregor:

Gabe Martini:

So I did!

Crying

Every blessing

Alan

Sometimes you choose the list, sometimes the list chooses you (or not in this case).

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 23 2014 4:58 PM

abondservant:

Alan Macgregor:

Gabe Martini:

So I did!

Crying

Every blessing

Alan

Sometimes you choose the list, sometimes the list chooses you (or not in this case).

Perhaps you were not predestined to be on the Reformed List   Huh?

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 6:15 PM

I'm told this is because at some point you unsubscribed to all emails. If you send your email to me at christian.locatell@logos.com, I can have that fixed for you and add you to whatever list you'd like.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS