Logos 4 won't update

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Todd Kuperus | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 12 2013 12:21 PM

Hello,

I'm using Logos 4 (4.6a SR-6 (4.61.0.3399)) in Windows 7 and it won't update or install new resources.  I've tried "update now" and it says there are updates, but it never does download.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks,

Todd

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 12 2013 12:49 PM

Hello Todd,

I apologize for the difficulty. It would be best to manually update at www.logos.com/install4. If that doesn't work, or does not resolve the issue, we'll need to have you collect some logs to troubleshoot the issue. You can learn about logging here.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 4
Todd Kuperus | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:59 AM

Mike, 

Thanks for the response.  I've tried the manual install and I get the error "Setup was unable to download a required file".  I've attached the log files.8737.Logos Log Files.zip

Thanks for your help!

Todd

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:30 PM

The required logs are missing. Please ensure logging is enabled, restart the computer and then retry the installation.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4
Todd Kuperus | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2013 8:38 AM

I had already tried that, but here it goes again:

24262.Logos4.zip

Thanks!

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:26 AM

Todd Kuperus:

24262.Logos4.zip

Thanks!

You are running the latest version of Logos 4 (4.6a SR-6) - at least I think that's the latest version.

The last entry in your log shows that items are downloading, did that downloading finish?

To my limited knowledge there are several possibilities that could explain what is happening:

1. You may have a corrupt download that is messing this up (see below for the fix)
  2. You may have a firewall that is blocking the download (check your firewall settings, make sure they allow Logos to download files)
  3. Your anti-virus may be holding or intercepting the files (check your anti-virus settings, make sure they allow Logos to download files)
  4. You may have a bad sector on your hard drive (if so, run checkdisk)
  5. Your installation of Logos 4 may be corrupted in that module that installs updated resources (if so repair Logos4 from the Programs & Features list in Control Panel, or uninstall/reinstall Logos4)
  6. Your resource files may be marked "read-only" in the OS (if so, reset the attributes through the OS)
  7. There is another problem that I haven't thought of yet.

Of these the most common would be #1 or #2.

Close Logos (let it finish any installing first) and look at C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\4grdaunf.ldy\UpdateManager\Resources. If that folder isn't empty, delete anything you find there to the recycle bin, or move the files to a temporary location. and restart Logos. This should work, if that is where the problem lies. If it doesn't restore those files to that location and report back.

If that folder is empty, something else is going on. Report back.

(BTW, if at any time Dave Hooton gives advice that conflicts with mine, take his advice.)

EDIT: fixed a badly edited file/folder location.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2013 1:34 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Todd Kuperus:

24262.Logos4.zip

Thanks!

You are running the latest version of Logos 4 (4.6a SR-6) - at least I think that's the latest version.

The last entry in your log shows that items are downloading, did that downloading finish?

Log shows 98 download jobs.  Windows 7 has a deprecated command that can show Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) jobs:

bitsadmin /list

Similar thread => Logos 4 SR Updates download but won't install includes bitsadmin /reset command

Since using Windows 7, wonder about updating to free Logos 5 ?  from Logos 4.6a SR-4 (4.61.0.3399)

Direct download links for various Logos 4 and 5 versions on 15 June 2013:

Logos 5.0b SR-4 (5.0.2.0755) => https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.logos.com/LBS5/Installer/5.0.2.0755/LogosSetup.exe

Logos 4.6b SR-4 (4.62.0.2684) => https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/4.62.0.2684/Logos4Setup.exe

Beta versions have Release Candidate 1 available (anticipating stable channel release before the end of June 2013):

Logos 5.1 RC-1 (5.0.2.0755) => https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.logos.com/LBS5/InstallerBeta/5.1.0.0933/LogosSetup.exe

Logos 4.6c RC-1 (4.63.0.0355) => https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.logos.com/LBS4/InstallerBeta/4.63.0.0355/Logos4Setup.exe

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:01 AM

Hi Todd,

We're definitely going to need to get the current updates installed. We have a support article to assist you with the "Unable to download" error you're receiving. Please give that a try. If the problem still occurs after the update, we should be able to log it successfully.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 4
Todd Kuperus | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:03 PM

Thanks for your help!  I ran the BITS reset and everything seems to be working now.  I even learned some new stuff about my computer--a pretty successful day.  Thanks for the direction and advice!

Todd

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS