Closing CP's

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:09 AM

Tomorrow:

Next Friday:

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:19 AM

Thank you for this. I just bid on Clement. I had missed it before.

Posts 510
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2013 12:45 PM

There are some great deals here.  It's not too late to jump in!

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 4:25 AM

Bump.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:52 AM

fgh, thanks much for your posts.     ...        appreciated!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1686

fgh:
Clement of Alexandria (2 vols.)  (Anyone who's taken the time to compare with the ECF?)

Months ago I started a PB of it... Attached is the fragment that is usable.  It will give you a feel for the translation and notes.

SDG

Ken McGuire

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Basic, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 8:47 AM

fgh:
Clement of Alexandria (2 vols.)  (Anyone who's taken the time to compare with the ECF?)
Sorry fgh, I missed your question. At first when I searched in my library for "Clement of Alexandria" I didn't find anything, which is strange.

Could someone else pls verify this peculiarity? 

That's why I bid right away. But now I know the ECF has his works here or here (CE). The main difference (other than the translation quality) is the Greek original as you probably already know!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS