Possible Bug: Devotionals opening 2 days in advance

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Gregory DeLong | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:43 AM

I have a number of 365 day devotionals I read each day that I have set up in a collection.  However, the devotionals are opening 2 days in advance even though the system date is correct.  Anybody else have this issue?  

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 8:12 AM

I do not have this problem.  It shouldn't matter, but exactly what are you doing to open them? 

Library?

Commandbox?

Icon on the iconbar?

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 4
Gregory DeLong | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:26 PM

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for yout help.  I have so many devotionals that I use daily that I put them in a Devotional Collection and open them from there.  I thought about saving a layout with them all opened, but don't know if that would work ot not.  What would you suggest?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:12 PM

If you read several you have several options Smile

1. Open them from your library.
  2. Drag their icons to the icon bar, each day you click on it, it will open to the current day.
  3. Create a layout, and every day resave the layout, else every day it will open up to the original position you were at when you first saved the layout.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:12 PM

Gregory DeLong:

I have a number of 365 day devotionals I read each day that I have set up in a collection.  However, the devotionals are opening 2 days in advance even though the system date is correct.  Anybody else have this issue?  

Hi Gregory,

If I understand correctly, if you opened a devotional today, Dec 17, the date it would open to would be Dec 19?  I've created a large collection of devotionals to see if I could reproduce the problem, however, I haven't been able to yet. They all opened to Dec 17. I also changed my system date forward and backward one day to see if it would affect the devotionals adversely, which it didn't.

Do you have a second computer with Logos 4 and is its system date correct?  What version of Logos 4 is installed?  (Click on Help icon and choose 'About Logos Bible Software.)

Thank you,
Melissa 

Posts 4
Gregory DeLong | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:49 PM

Hi Melissa.  That's correct on the problem.  I'm running SR-7 4.0.3.3272.  My main machine is a new HP laptop, and have backed it up also on my HP desktop computer at home.  The system date and time are correct on both machines. I usually have to scroll back 2 days to get to the right date.  Not usually a big deal, but with 20+ books the time it takes to scroll adds up, not to mention it just bugs me!

If necessary, I can use one of the ways, Thomas suggested.  Thanks, Thomas!

Greg

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:58 PM

Gregory DeLong:
... not to mention it just bugs me!

That's one of the definitions of a bug!  Smile  

I can report it, but getting a log file would help. Follow the steps in this article to temporarily turn on logging and attach the resulting log file to this thread: http://www.logos.com/support/article/2135.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 4
Gregory DeLong | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 4:16 PM

Hi Melissa!  Guess what? It's acting like a car in need of fixing and not doing it now!  All the devotionals are opening to the proper date.  The only change or difference that I can think of is-- the program was indexing while I was reading the devotionals earlier.  This "error" happened 3 mornings in a row and I believe it was indexing each time.  I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.   

Thanks, Greg

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 4:23 PM

Gregory,

I'm curious (1) how you're opening them now and (2) to see if there's any difference given any of the methods I've given.

Here's a fourth method: in the commandbox type:

Open <name of devotional>.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 4:30 PM

Gregory DeLong:
 The only change or difference that I can think of is-- the program was indexing while I was reading the devotionals earlier. 

Actually that makes perfect sense!  Searching (finding dates is a form of searching) will not work properly until indexing is complete!

Please do report back and let us know what you discover after a few days.

Posts 4
Gregory DeLong | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 4:37 PM

I have them set up in a Devotional Collection.  Presently, I use the arrow to the right of the title or click on the title moving down the list each time.

I tried each of the methods you suggested and they all seem to be opening as they should now.

Posts 4
Gregory DeLong | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 4:42 PM

Thomas Black:
Please do report back and let us know what you discover after a few days.

Will do!  Thanks!

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 7:24 AM

Gregory DeLong:

Hi Melissa!  Guess what? It's acting like a car in need of fixing and not doing it now!  All the devotionals are opening to the proper date.  The only change or difference that I can think of is-- the program was indexing while I was reading the devotionals earlier.  This "error" happened 3 mornings in a row and I believe it was indexing each time.  I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.   

Greg ~ Thanks for the update.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS