a newbie here

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
david murray | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 16 2013 2:55 PM

greetings to all!

I just took the logos plunge, and I am a bit confused. these questions may be silly, but I ask them none the less;

1. is logos online only? do I have to be online to use it?

2. I have the logos app on my nook. can I download my library to it, so that I can read while on the train, without an internet connection/

thanks in advance for any assistance.

david murray

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2013 3:10 PM

No it's not online. You are going to have to download Your books first. How many megabytes or gigabytes that is, depends on if You bought a DVD with Your base-package. If You didn't buy a base-package downloading is the only option. Either way, internet is required for activation. After that You don't necessarily need internet. Sometimes books are updated (for example corrected typos) and will be downloaded again. Also whenever You buy additional books You will have to download them. But the books are accessed from the disk:

david murray:

Yes You can, You can either download Your entire library, or choose which books to download to Your Nook. Whether downloading all is possible depends on how many gigabytes all Your books take, and how much memory You have in Your Nook:

david murray:
2. I have the logos app on my nook. can I download my library to it, so that I can read while on the train, without an internet connection/

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2013 3:18 PM

david murray:
greetings to all!

Welcome Big Smile

david murray:

Depends.  The Biblia web site is online only => http://biblia.com

Several mobile app features only work with online access.

Logos 5 for Windows and OS X can be used offline.  Adding resources to local library and updating application are typically done using online access.

david murray:
2. I have the logos app on my nook.

The Logos android mobile app is discussed in => Android

Logos Support has Android FAQ's => http://www.logos.com/support/android/faqs

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2013 4:07 PM

david murray:
is logos online only? do I have to be online to use it?

If you don't yet have Logos installed on your desktop, you can download it from here: http://www.logos.com/downloads

If you have only downloaded the free Android app, and haven't purchased any books, then you won't be able to download the free Bibles onto your desktop, however. If you have the paid version of Logos, then you'll be able to read/download them on all your devices that are compatible with those resources.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2013 6:30 PM

david murray:

greetings to all!

I just took the logos plunge, and I am a bit confused. these questions may be silly, but I ask them none the less;

thanks in advance for any assistance.

david murray

Peace to you, David; and welcome to the Logos Forums!    *smile*

I look forward to future conversation.  If you would be kind enough to explain just a wee bit more what it means that you "took the plunge," we would be in a better position to speak to your needs and desires!

Psalm 29:11

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS