BUG: Lexham English Bible Reverse Interlinear

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 18 2013 8:39 PM

So, I am using the LEB as my Default/Preferred Bible. I pulled up the Bible Word Study Guide and searched the word "fear". The below is what shows up under Hebrew Words:

To make this MORE fun, I decided to do a Word Study on the above Hebrew word (again using the LEB), THIS time it shows NOTHING:

I do have the Reverse Interlinear (as seen in the first Screenshot, since I could click the "No Equivalent" and it gives me a Hebrew word).

I currently have Logos 5.0b SR-4 (5.0.2.0755).

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 8:44 PM

And here are some more Screenshots (to add to the puzzlement):

So, how is it that Grammatical Relationships, Example Uses, and Lemma shows something, but not Translation or Sense or Root????? This makes no sense whatsoever. I go to the LEB and open up the Interlinear Pane, and the Lemma and Sense shows up!

Posts 29253
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 8:49 PM

The LEB does not currently have an OT RI.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 8:51 PM

Yes it does! I have been looking up Hebrew Words using the LEB for a week now!

The above would not be possible if your statement was correct!

The above would ALSO not be possible. It ALSO, says "The English-Hebrew Reverse Interlinear Old Testament Lexham English Bible.

Posts 29253
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 8:55 PM

Caleb S.:
Yes it does!

You are right! My bad. Embarrassed

I came back to correct my post… I didn't think there was one yet. Maybe its new? It's late… got-to-get-some-sleep. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 8:56 PM

Ah. Okay. It JUST came out like last week or the week before. I noticed after I restarted (because my Preferred Bible is the LEB) that the Word By Word updated to use the LEB RI.

Posts 9059
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:27 PM

Caleb S.:

The below is what shows up under Hebrew Words:

This definitely looks like a bug; I've asked someone to investigate further.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 11:07 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

Caleb S.:

The below is what shows up under Hebrew Words:

This definitely looks like a bug; I've asked someone to investigate further.

The bug is in mixing English and Hebrew (or English and Greek).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9059
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 10:01 AM

We've identified the problem; it will be pushed out later today via a metadata update. (If you just leave the app running, it will download it in the background.)

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2013 6:47 AM
This has been fixed? Martin.
Posts 24532
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2013 7:05 AM

Martin Grainger Dean:
This has been fixed?

Looks like it on my system (running Windows)

Graham

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2013 11:29 AM
What file has been updated? I'm still having this problem. Running Windows as well. Martin.
Posts 9059
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2013 11:39 AM

Martin Grainger Dean:
What file has been updated?

You have to be connected to the Internet and running Logos 5 online to download the metadata update (it will happen automatically in the background). There is no file to download.

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2013 3:51 PM

Martin Grainger Dean:
What file has been updated? I'm still having this problem. Running Windows as well. Martin.

I had the same issue, so I closed Logos and reopened it. Then it was fixed. (But you still need to be connected to the internet.)

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 23 2013 4:39 AM
Bradley Grainger (Logos):
You have to be connected to the Internet and running Logos 5 online to download the metadata update (it will happen automatically in the background). There is no file to download.
I understand this, but I have an offline installation as well with no way to connect it to internet. What should I do then? Thanks.
Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 23 2013 5:48 AM

Martin Grainger Dean:
... I have an offline installation as well with no way to connect it to internet. What should I do then?

One option is using method 1 to refresh offline installation => http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 23 2013 1:40 PM
Thanks, but it will be better to know what part (which files) has been updated to move them easily instead moving the whole installation. Martin. PS: Maybe someone from Logos could tell me what files to move.
Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 24 2013 2:45 PM
Bump.
Posts 26521
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 24 2013 3:25 PM

Martin Grainger Dean:
Thanks, but it will be better to know what part (which files) has been updated to move them easily instead moving the whole installation. Martin. PS: Maybe someone from Logos could tell me what files to move.

Simply moving files can result in a crash. Moving the whole installation will save time and guarantee the integrity of all databases and your documents.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS