Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:50 PM

Just wondering why this title had such a hideous cover? On the website it shows the typical yellow cover design, but in my library it is this odd looking teal cover.

Anyone else have something different?

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:20 AM

Talk about hideous! The NIV 2011 cover is shudder-worthy! I know this is an emotional reaction, but every time I see it I cringe.

I concur that teal would be aweful, as well. Perhaps Logos could hire a professional artist.

Note: I had to change the language I had originally intended so as not to offend anyone. In strongest terms I must insist on some kind of change to the NIV2011 cover. As is it resembles something someone might use for target practice.

Posts 366
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 7:41 AM

I've always agreed with the thought, "You can't judge a book by its cover."  I usually don't pay attention to the cover, especially in my e-books.  Smile

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 18632
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:12 AM

They have plenty of their own artists (who do the infographics). But they shouldn't need to create covers except in rare out-of-print cases where physical covers were not available. They should use the cover that the publisher uses. In this case, there's a perfectly good one available:

Posts 9844
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:37 AM

But this seems thze same as in http://www.logos.com/product/4920/evangelical-dictionary-of-biblical-theology - is the one in the Logos library different?

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:40 AM

From Biblia, but its really small.

Here is the larger version

Posts 9844
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:46 AM

Ah - now I see. Logos shows this as http://www.logos.com/product/16860/r-c-sproul-digital-library#004 and I understand that the other one (which looks like all those other encyclopedic resources by Walter Elwell) is much nicer...

Posts 18632
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:52 AM

Travis Walter:

From Biblia, but its really small.

Yeah, this is the one I have in my Logos library. They should use the one they have on the product description page instead. I'll report it on the wiki page for Metadata correction proposals. That is in general the best place to report requests for fixes to cover images.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:10 AM

Peace, Rosie!         *smile*

Just curious  ...     why would I have a different cover than you do in your library???

This seems to be the "proper" one ....

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9844
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:32 AM

Milford: that's because you look at the cover of the "Evangelical Dictionary of Theology" whereas she owns the "Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology" - both edited by Walter Elkwell and part of Baker's same encyclopedia series (when this thread started, I looked into the Amazon preview pages to make sure: these are different resources and the one isn't just a subset or excerpt of the other) 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:38 AM

Aha!    *smile*                    I see, says the blind man!              Thanks Mick!    Sorry about the confusion ....                                    Peace!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS