Logos 5 (on mac) keeps on crashing.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Werner Vos | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 5 2013 10:42 AM

After installing the lasest update of logos 5 it keeps on crashing. I have moved it out of application into the trash, downloaded it again and tried to install it again, but it keeps on crashing. It loads maybe 1 out 15 times. I have pasted the enormous fault report below.

Any help would be appreciated please?

Werner

Posts 28116
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:30 AM

Werner Vos:
I have moved it out of application into the trash, downloaded it again and tried to install it again, but it keeps on crashing.

Deleting and reinstalling the app only has benefit if there is something wrong with your installation of the application itself. Most often, however, the issue is either related to data files OR is a bug which effects everyone. In either case, deleting and reinstalling would be pointless. 

Werner Vos:
Any help would be appreciated please?

At this point, we need to "look under the hood." To do this, please enable logging, start logos, allow it to crash, and post the logs in this thread. To learn more, please follow the link in my signature line. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 28116
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:33 AM

Please edit your previous post and delete the log.

1. Reading logs in the forum isn't easy to do.
  2. Posting logs in the forum makes navigating difficult (and gives us carpal tunnel Stick out tongue)
  3. The log you pasted into the thread was the apple crash log. We need the ones from Logos.

When you post logs, please use the paperclip icon in the formatting pallet to attach the logs (rather than paste anything in).

Posts 20
Werner Vos | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:49 AM

I have posted the .zip file, is that what you are looking for?

Werner

Posts 28116
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 1:31 PM

Werner Vos:
I have posted the .zip file, is that what you are looking for?

Yes, good job. Thanks for removing the other one. Smile

The issue in you logs is beyond my ability to assess… hopefully Logos will be by soon to take a look. In the mean time, have you tried loading to a blank layout? Sometimes the issue is either with a corruption of the home page or in a layout. To load to a blank layout, press and hold the command key immediately upon startup. This will allow you to check a box for a blank layout.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 7 2013 4:19 PM

alabama24:
The issue in you logs is beyond my ability to assess…

+1 Yes, so recommend email to Logos Technical Support => http://www.logos.com/contact with reference to this thread.

Noticed window error includes: [self isHiddenOrHasHiddenAncestor]

Curious if any Logos window(s) had been minimized ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS