Design a new package for new pastor on limited budget

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 44 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2037
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2013 1:48 AM

So, would You recommend me the Catholic Practicum DVD? - EDIT: I'm sad no-one seems to be willing to advice me here!
This morning someone confirmed to me again (after the initial interest) that she wants to be my friend. We haven't talked about denominations, but I doubt she is Roman-Catholic as that's not a large denomination in this country. She lives in a university-town where there is a small Roman-Catholic uni. That's not that far from here, but the train is quite expensive and there are no discounts, so I won't ever afford taking many classes there, I've been thinking of only one class (on the Old Testament, but of course it would be nice to take the next Old Testament class after that there). Instead I'll be taking most of the classes in nearby universities here in the City (ticket is somewhat inexpensive with a discount but it's still a lot of money for me so sometimes I'll be bicycling there).

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 634
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2013 5:43 AM

I've been looking through this thread the past couple days and I believe the original intent of the OP may have been misunderstood by many or maybe I have misunderstood it. However it reads to me that the OP was challenging Logos users to design what may be considered a "dream package" for a new pastor but with the guidelines that it needs to stay in line with current Logos pricing for current base packages.

So for example take the Silver and keep the ones you think are good, cut loose all the "fluff" resources and replace them with resources more valuable to a new pastor. Yes there would be less resources overall at the same price point but ultimately it could be a better package.

Seems like a fun challenge.

Posts 9859
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2013 7:00 AM

I didn't misunderstand at all.  

The question is dependent upon what the pastor will preach. If it's heavy 'exegetical', then the price tag is going to go up. So Mark's thoughts.  If the preaching is going to be heavily dependent on litergy, etc, then the price will drop considerably. And if (like me), the Holy Spirit said what He said, then the Bible is sufficient. No budget is necessary.

It's a cute question but one that presumes ones theology.

Posts 2816
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2013 3:51 PM
Frank Sauer:

So for example take the Silver and keep the ones you think are good, cut loose all the "fluff" resources and replace them with resources more valuable to a new pastor. Yes there would be less resources overall at the same price point but ultimately it could be a better package.

But the very purpose of the packages is to help both the customer and the company. The customer is helped by getting a large number of books cheaper than they could individually purchased. The company is helped by selling the fluff. Without the fluff there is little incentive for the company to have such packages. You can't make a package of all high quality stuff and the company make a profit.

Besides, one man's fluff is another man's treasure.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2037
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 11:16 AM

From my July 9. post:

Unix:
... it's now on November sale for $7.95!

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS