Unable to change “Marv Allen” or “System Narrator on LEB

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 55
Eddie Florentino | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 8 2013 1:02 PM

I can not change between system narrator or Marv Allen. The window only shows system narrator. Please help!. In the iPad and iPhone worked, but not in the PC

BTW system narrator is horrible. Even in 0.75X speed the voice chopped and is breaking up from verse to verse. I made sure that only Logos was running in the PC.

See snapshot below:

Posts 27801
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 8 2013 1:09 PM

Does this post help? http://community.logos.com/forums/p/72216/503367.aspx#503367 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 19
Darren Miner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 8 2013 1:12 PM

A few of us have had this problem. Tech support came up the the following solution. Make sure you have an Internet connection. Close Logos. Find and rename the file "licenses.dat" in the LicenseManager folder. (Its location depends on your operating system.) Start up Logos and run "Update resources" in the command box. It will download a 1.2 MB file. When the download is complete, restart Logos and let it index. Then select "Marv Allen" as the Read aloud option, if it is not already selected.

Posts 55
Eddie Florentino | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 8 2013 1:50 PM

Thanks Alabama and Darren. The work around worked!!

Eddie

Posts 27801
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 8 2013 2:28 PM

Glad to hear it. I bet you are glad to "hear" it too. Big Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 55
Eddie Florentino | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 8 2013 2:43 PM

I was to optimistic....Sad

After closing Logos 5 and reopen and jump to another book....the audio being played is the system narrator even though Marv Allen is the one selected. Marv Allen now appears dimmed in the dropdown list... any idea of what may happened.....

Posts 55
Eddie Florentino | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 8 2013 2:54 PM

Another thing is that I just noticed that in my iPad and iPhone the audio only works for NT books. When I try to play OT books jumps to Matthew 1:1

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 8 2013 3:08 PM

Eddie Florentino:
After closing Logos 5 and reopen and jump to another book....the audio being played is the system narrator even though Marv Allen is the one selected. Marv Allen now appears dimmed in the dropdown list... any idea of what may happened.....

The new Read Aloud narrator is NT only.  I made the same mistake.  I don't think Logos has made that clear in their release announcements.

The "Marv Allen" selection is dimmed in OT books.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 55
Eddie Florentino | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 9 2013 11:58 AM

Thanks Todd!!!...Hope we can have OT also. Any way it is a great enhancement...thanks Logos!!!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS