Vocabulary List of 1 Peter

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Shawn Wilhite | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 11 2013 7:25 AM

I'm wanting to create a Vocabulary List of 1 Peter but wanting to filter my list to words occurring in the NT 30<.

I'm able to create list for all of 1 Peter, but unable to filter my findings. Any help?

Posts 2498
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 7:32 AM

Edited: My original post will not work because the count is book and not bible specific.

Posts 23956
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:06 AM

Hi Shawn - and welcome to the forums

Shawn Wilhite:

I'm wanting to create a Vocabulary List of 1 Peter but wanting to filter my list to words occurring in the NT 30<.

I'm able to create list for all of 1 Peter, but unable to filter my findings. Any help?

One approach:

1. Create a word list for 1 Peter and export to an Excel spreadsheet (using the Print/Export dialog box)
  2. Create a word list for the entire New Testament (using Matthew-Revelation) - this may take some time! - and export to another spreadsheet
  3. Sort the second spreadsheet by count and then delete rows with more than 30 in the count column
  4. You now have a spreadsheet showing those words which occur 30 times or less in the New Testament
  5. Now sort both spreadsheets by Lemma
  6. Manually scan down the entries in the first spreadsheet checking if they appear in the second one - if they do retain the row, otherwise delete it

(I know that step 6 could be automated using Excel lookups and macros but I'm not an Excel spreadsheet)

Hopefully this will help - although others will probably come up with better ideas

Graham 

Posts 2498
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:15 AM

It would be helpful if the program provided an option for count by NT or OT rather than the word list.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS