Whoa ! Something is drastically wrong with Orders page

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 11 2013 3:08 PM

The page is only partly displayed and formatted strangely.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 3:14 PM

George Somsel:

Logos is reformatting some of our account pages. You'll notice that all the information is still there, but now it's on separate pages, instead of all on one page. Tabs across the top of the account display, give you access to your pre-pubs, community pricing bids, and order history.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 3:24 PM

I liked it when I could see all the items that were shipping grouped together.

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 3:26 PM

I really like the new layout. It is much easier to navigate.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 3:26 PM

The Pre-Pub STATUS does not sort properly. I cannot sort the list by shipping soonest.

If the current layout is not broken then I don't like it. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 3:28 PM

Super Tramp:

The Pre-Pub STATUS does not sort properly. I cannot sort the list by shipping soonest.

Ok I found out you have to scroll down to get them grouped. Gathering interest is on top.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 3:34 PM

Evan Boardman:
Ok I found out you have to scroll down to get them grouped. Gathering interest is on top.

I see. I don't like it.

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 3:40 PM

This new format is great. I asked for something like this months ago. The problem is with a large library, if you load everything that was on the old orders page, it takes a long time. And if you want to review or cancel orders, it is practically impossible. A few months ago my orders page took over 3 minutes to load. Lately Logos has really increased the speed so that it was taking only 20 to 30 seconds. But now with this change, my orders page loads almost instantaneously.

Great work Logos. This was needed. Why should you have to load all of the file links on old orders every time you want to see an order. Now you can see it if you want to, but don't have to waste time loading it when you don't need it.

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 3:44 PM

For those having problems with the sort order, note that the fields are all sortable and will rearrange when you click the headings.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 3:54 PM

Super Tramp:

If the current layout is not broken then I don't like it. 

No me gusta.  Ship date not shown along with shipping items.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 21916
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 4:02 PM

Michael Lasley:

For those having problems with the sort order, note that the fields are all sortable and will rearrange when you click the headings.

yes, but if you sort on status and have orders in the status "gathering interest" these appear before orders with a scheduled shipping date.

i consider this to be non-intuitive and unhelpful.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 4:13 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

George Somsel:

Logos is reformatting some of our account pages. You'll notice that all the information is still there, but now it's on separate pages, instead of all on one page. Tabs across the top of the account display, give you access to your pre-pubs, community pricing bids, and order history.

Put it back !!!!!!!!!!!  Now !!!!!!

george
gfsomsel

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 4:18 PM

Graham Criddle:

yes, but if you sort on status and have orders in the status "gathering interest" these appear before orders with a scheduled shipping date.

Two suggestions:

1. List entries with a known shipping date ahead of "gathering interest".

2. Make it clearer that users can sort the various entries, e.g. brightly coloured button-like arrows next to field headings

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 4:19 PM

Graham Criddle:

Michael Lasley:

Besides which, it's ug-gug-gug-gug-ly.  It offends my aesthetic sense.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 5:07 PM

Graham Criddle:

Agreed. This arrangement really stinks—That's southern US for what Graham said. Geeked We need to teach those British persons how to speak/write the King's Queens's English Big Smile

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 5:46 PM

There is a case open for improving the sorting of prepubs.

Thanks for the report,
Mike

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 5:58 PM

Lee:
1. List entries with a known shipping date ahead of "gathering interest".

Yes!

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 6:11 PM

Mike Estes - Logos:
There is a case open for improving the sorting of prepubs.

That is good news. You probably can't give a date but is this a short-term or long-term fix issue?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 6:52 PM

Graham quick write something, your post count is 6666. Big Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 6:57 PM

Lynden Williams:

Graham quick write something, your post count is 6666. Big Smile

That equals 10 X 666 + 6.  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS