The Complete Classic Commentaries Bundle (1,537 vols.)

Page 1 of 5 (87 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 86 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:38 PM

This looks great, but is there going to be dynamic pricing? For those of us who have many of these sets through CP, it would be a bummer if not...

http://www.logos.com/product/33554/the-complete-classic-commentaries-bundle 

Posts 6730
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:45 PM

Yes, it says so on the website. 

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:49 PM

I guess you have to order over the phone because I own some of the "collections" and the price didn't change.

Blessings!

DAL

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:53 PM

DAL:

I guess you have to order over the phone because I own some of the "collections" and the price didn't change.

Blessings!

DAL

You must be right. I don't see any discount and I have a bunch of them.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1000
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:54 PM

Super Tramp:

DAL:

Blessings!

DAL

You must be right. I don't see any discount and I have a bunch of them.

Same here

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:55 PM

DAL:
I own some of the "collections" and the price didn't change.

Me too.

Posts 9672
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:50 PM

I confirm the same. This is a resource that should include dynamic pricing.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:58 PM

Bruce Dunning:

This is a resource that should include dynamic pricing.

It does...you just have to call in to get the "move".

Where's the worm on a hook emoticon??

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 8:05 PM

Dynamic pricing should be enabled now (I'm seeing it on my account).

Posts 6730
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 8:24 PM

Chopped off 50% of my price. Where is Santa when you need him? Big Smile

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 8:45 PM

Chopped off 90% for me!     Stick out tongue

(Boy, am I gonna get this one.)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 9:11 PM

Thankful for dynamic pricing and community bidding:

Discounted amount is significantly lower than regular prices for 3+ commentary series.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1085
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 9:21 PM

Is there an easy way to find out which of the volumes I don't currently own?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 9:48 PM

William Gabriel:

Is there an easy way to find out which of the volumes I don't currently own?

No. The only way I know of is tedious. I did it title by title.

Posts 2772
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 9:58 PM

I was hoping this would have been way lower since I do have quite a few volumes. but it's still hefty. Some volumes I'd add for sure. I will look over the other offerings a bit closer and call my rep if I think it's worth adding this one. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 247
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 11:54 PM

Super Tramp:
No. The only way I know of is tedious. I did it title by title.

It's too difficult. Even if I click the hyperlinks I don't see whether or not I already have the resource. SHort of investing a lot of time in searching for the many included items, I can't see a way of knowing what I'd be getting.

There ought to be a "New to Me" for dynamic pricing, like on Logos 5.

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:11 AM

BriM:

There ought to be a "New to Me" for dynamic pricing, like on Logos 5.

This is a great idea. I have some idea of what I would be getting, but I have zero interest in taking the time to pick it apart piece by piece. A "New to Me" feature would help considerably. That said, I'm rather tapped out at present, even though my total cost is less than $400. Something to consider for the future, though.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 3:36 AM

mab:
I was hoping this would have been way lower since I do have quite a few volumes. but it's still hefty. Some volumes I'd add for sure. I will look over the other offerings a bit closer and call my rep if I think it's worth adding this one. 

I was rather disappointed to see that the price shown for me was $427.49. I had expected it to be much lower, as I already own Logos 4 and 5 Portfolio and every single one of the "Classic Commentaries on…" bundles.

So I rather labouriously searched for every title in Logos, and added up the cost of all the ones where the order button wasn't greyed out (i.e. ones that I didn't currently own). To my great surprise I discovered that buying this collection would add another 190 volumes to my library, and the total cost of buying those volumes individually would have come to $3,003.86. Now you can argue that Logos overprices its public domain works, and that no-one in their right mind would pay $3,000 for those volumes. True. But 190 volumes for $427.49 means that my price comes out at $2.25 per volume, which is cheaper than you often get even on community pricing!

For me, that makes this set terrific value for money. If you're hesitating, I would recommend investing the time in doing the maths - it will only take you an hour or so.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 3:54 AM

I think this is still broken. I ordered it as I have most (all I thought) the Classic Commentaries, yet it showed a small price. I got a confirmation email, and the order shows up in my Orders page, but no volumes come down via restart of Logos and "Update resources". But - if I go back to the product page, the button still shows as if I have not purchased it, even on refresh.

Beware until this is fixed...I have an email in to Customer Service.

Posts 3317
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 4:15 AM

Dynamic pricing is not functioning- I have a ton of these- but still tells me full price.

Opps! it was working- but to rich for me- I'll pass.

Page 1 of 5 (87 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS