The Complete Classic Commentaries Bundle (1,537 vols.)

Page 2 of 5 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 86 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 9667
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 4:26 AM

My price is reading $293 for the set now that dynamic pricing is working. The only pain is that I have to go through all the sets to see what I don't have. I would echo that the "new to me" feature would really help.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 5:49 AM

Mark Barnes:

my price comes out at $2.25 per volume, which is cheaper than you often get even on community pricing!

For me, that makes this set terrific value for money. If you're hesitating, I would recommend investing the time in doing the maths - it will only take you an hour or so.

That is the way I look at it. Price per volume. It took me an hour and a half to work through the list and it was time well spent.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 6:09 AM

Mark Barnes:
$2.25 per volume, which is cheaper than you often get even on community pricing!

which is one of the slightly disheartening things about community pricing... at some point a lot of it is going to end up in some kind of package or bundle, as cheap or cheaper than what you pay on CP. I don't know, I haven't done the math, but I think you would have paid less if you bought all of these commentaries in a bundle now instead of buying them individually on CP.

Posts 6728
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 6:13 AM

JPH:
I don't know, I haven't done the math, but I think you would have paid less if you bought all of these commentaries in a bundle now instead of buying them individually on CP.

My price is 1200.00 plus change. I am pretty certain that I have spent less than 500.00 on community pricing.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 7:17 AM

JPH:
I haven't done the math, but I think you would have paid less if you bought all of these commentaries in a bundle now instead of buying them individually on CP.

I have :-).

Although $2.25/volume is as cheap as many CP titles, the Classic Commentaries bundles often came in well below that. Several were less than $1/volume. Most were in the $1 to $2 range. The only ones that were more expensive than $2/volume was Chronicles ($20 for 7 vols = $2.86) and Philippians ($40 for 18 vols = $2.22).

In all, a total of 907 Classic Commentaries titles have been published so far, which at Community Pricing prices would have cost you $1,192, or $1.31/volume. (This includes the Minor Prophets collection, which hasn't yet been published.)

Of course, the Complete Classic Commentaries Bundle contains another 600 commentaries in addition to those released in previous Classic Commentaries set. But as 59% of the commentaries were part of the original CP series, that suggests they're now being valued at $2,065 (59% of $3,499.95). By that maths, CP will have saved you about $873 over buying this bundle.

Name Price Vols $/vol
Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Biblical Apocrypha / Deuterocanon (42 vols.) $30 42 $0.71
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Numbers and Deuteronomy (20 vols.) $15 20 $0.75
Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Minor Prophets (40 vols.) $30 40 $0.75
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Mark (24 vols.) $20 24 $0.83
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Ruth (12 vols.) $10 12 $0.83
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Psalms (35 vols.) $30 35 $0.86
Classic Studies on the Parables of the Bible (30 vols.) $26 30 $0.87
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Ecclesiastes (26 vols.) $25 26 $0.96
Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Acts of the Apostles (31 vols.) $30 31 $0.97
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Judges (16 vols.) $16 16 $1.00
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Romans (32 vols.) $35 32 $1.09
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Hebrews (31 vols.) $35 31 $1.13
Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Epistles of John (25 vols.) $30 25 $1.20
Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Gospel according to John (25 vols.) $30 25 $1.20
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Proverbs (20 vols.) $25 20 $1.25
Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Song of Songs (24 vols.) $30 24 $1.25
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Ezekiel (15 vols.) $20 15 $1.33
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Isaiah (22 vols.) $30 22 $1.36
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Jeremiah and Lamentations (22 vols.) $30 22 $1.36
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Corinthians (29 vols.) $40 29 $1.38
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Job (18 vols.) $25 18 $1.39
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Colossians and Philemon (14 vols.) $20 14 $1.43
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Leviticus (21 vols.) $30 21 $1.43
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Joshua (17 vols.) $25 17 $1.47
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Revelation (27 vols.) $40 27 $1.48
Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Epistles of Peter and Jude (26 vols.) $40 26 $1.54
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Matthew (25 vols.) $40 25 $1.60
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Kings (12 vols.) $20 12 $1.67
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Luke (24 vols.) $40 24 $1.67
Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Pastoral Epistles (12 vols.) $20 12 $1.67
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther (18 vols.) $30 18 $1.67
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Galatians (24 vols.) $40 24 $1.67
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Ephesians (23 vols.) $40 23 $1.74
Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Epistle of James (14 vols.) $25 14 $1.79
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Genesis (22 vols.) $40 22 $1.82
Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Books of Samuel (11 vols.) $20 11 $1.82
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Thessalonians (11 vols.) $20 11 $1.82
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Daniel (21 vols.) $40 21 $1.90
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Exodus (21 vols.) $40 21 $1.90
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Philippians (18 vols.) $40 18 $2.22
Classic Commentaries and Studies on Chronicles (7 vols.) $20 7 $2.86
$1,192 907 $1.31
Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 7:23 AM

Mark Barnes:

JPH:
I haven't done the math, but I think you would have paid less if you bought all of these commentaries in a bundle now instead of buying them individually on CP.

I have :-).

When do you sleep? Sleep 

Posts 6728
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 7:46 AM

Mark this is a lot of work, especially the hyper linking. Thanks a million. Here is $50.00 (play) Logos credit. Go shop. Smile

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 7:50 AM

Super Tramp:
When do you sleep?

Lynden Williams:
Mark this is a lot of work, especially the hyper linking.

I just copied and pasted my orders page in Word/Excel, and then used Excel's filtered to get rid of everything that wasn't a classic commentary. All the URLs were already there. No more than 5 minutes work Smile.

Posts 2769
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 8:16 AM

I missed a lot of CP offers. The price I'm getting is about $1400. I think what I'll do is run down the cost of what I'd still buy and see what that adds up to. I'd really like a new to you on this one. It's a bit daunting for analysis.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 8:21 AM

Mark Barnes:
I have :-)

wow.

Mark Barnes:
By that maths, CP will have saved you about $873 over buying this bundle.

that's really helpful, thanks Smile

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 8:24 AM

I want to mention that the price for this product will be going up to $3,500.00 in the next few weeks. We haven't set a specific date yet on when the price will rise, but it will be going up soon. We wanted to offer a special introductory offer for users who may have missed out on a few of these books while they were on Community Pricing.

Mark is also right that at $2.25, these are comparable to Community Pricing prices. However, most of the books in this particular collection went for around $1 on Community Pricing. So even though this collection is a great deal, Community Pricing prices are better. It's always best to get your bid in early; you'll always get the best deal.

Also, I want to note that this collection contains the Classic Commentaries on the Minor Prophets, which have not yet shipped. When you get this collection, you'll receive the license for the Minor Prophets resources, but the resources themselves will not download until that product ships—likely within the next 2–3 months, but that's still a little tentative.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 8:28 AM

Kent Hendricks:
Also, I want to note that this collection contains the Classic Commentaries on the Minor Prophets, which have not yet shipped. When you get this collection, you'll receive the license for the Minor Prophets resources, but the resources themselves will not download until that product ships—likely within the next 2–3 months, but that's still a little tentative.

Do we need to cancel our Pre-Pub order for Minor Prophets after we have purchased the Bundle or will they be canceled automatically?

Kent Hendricks:
I want to mention that the price for this product will be going up to $3,500.00 in the next few weeks.

Will this raise the price of our dynamic pricing quote? Or will it just be reflected in a bigger discount?

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 9:59 AM

Super Tramp:

Kent Hendricks:

Do we need to cancel our Pre-Pub order for Minor Prophets after we have purchased the Bundle or will they be canceled automatically?

After you order the bundle, you will need to cancel your pre-order.

Super Tramp:

Kent Hendricks:
I want to mention that the price for this product will be going up to $3,500.00 in the next few weeks.

Will this raise the price of our dynamic pricing quote? Or will it just be reflected in a bigger discount?

This will raise the price of your dynamic pricing discount. The percentage off will be calculated against a much higher price. Bottom line: the price will go up for everyone soon.

Posts 247
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 10:21 AM

Kent Hendricks:
After you order the bundle, you will need to cancel your pre-order.

But we got the community pricing for Minor Prophets at £30. If we cancel that, we'll have to repurchase it based on the pre-pub price of $164.48. Granted, we'll get some discount due to dynamic on that but I doubt that it will the price for that item back down to £30.

If you re-bundle before the CP has come through then the dynamic pricing should act as if we have already got the licence for Minor Prophets. Or why not give the option of us paying the £30 now for Minor Prophets and getting a licence ready for when it is released? That way we get an accurate dynamic pricing based on what we actually already have in our libraries or on order.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 10:49 AM

BriM:
If you re-bundle before the CP has come through then the dynamic pricing should act as if we have already got the licence for Minor Prophets. Or why not give the option of us paying the £30 now for Minor Prophets and getting a licence ready for when it is released? That way we get an accurate dynamic pricing based on what we actually already have in our libraries or on order.

If you want to wait and take delivery of the Minor Prophets and then upgrade to the Bundle I guess you could do that. Why not just upgrade now? The average price per volume of the bundle is $2.25 (or so) and we are only talking about a 10 volume difference here. I bet your new dynamic pricing will jump a lot more than that. 

BriM:
But we got the community pricing for Minor Prophets at £30. If we cancel that, we'll have to repurchase it based on the pre-pub price of $164.48.

No. You do not re-purchase it. You get it with the bundle.

Posts 247
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 11:15 AM

Super Tramp:
No. You do not re-purchase it. You get it with the bundle.

That's what I mean: I have to cancel the pre-pub and purchase it at a higher price as part of the bundle.

It should really let me keep the price I already locked in of $30.

It may not be a big deal but I'm struggling to see the value of these works at higher than CP prices.

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:01 PM

I have "some" of these, but the price is $1,769.95 for me.. yikes.. way too much for this :(.. 

Posts 3750
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:03 PM

Bruce Dunning:

My price is reading $293 for the set now that dynamic pricing is working. The only pain is that I have to go through all the sets to see what I don't have. I would echo that the "new to me" feature would really help.

After breaking the code on sets that are included, I've decided I'm not interested in any of the sets that I didn't buy---even though it'd be only $560+ to acquire the remainder.

Thanks for the opportunity, Logos, even if I chose to let this one go by.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1034
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:18 PM

I pulled the trigger at a mighty $117 as there is some stuff that I do not have that looks interesting (Godet and Campbell-Morgan) but nothing is downloading yet, there do appear to be some issues with this set.

Posts 159
Donn Arms | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:44 PM

I talked to someone at Customer Service. He sent me an Excel spreadsheet of what I did not have but it was largely worthless. "Commentary on 1 Corinthians," "Job," Exposition of Psalms" does not help much. He had no way to include an author.

Page 2 of 5 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS