"1500 Quotations for Preachers"

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Chris | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 19 2013 2:21 PM

I just purchased this title and this is what it's description says about searching:

"Search tools save you time. Find quotations by searching for author, theme, or Scripture reference. This enables you to find exactly what you need—fast. For example, the above quotation is tagged with the theme sin, and the Scripture references Genesis 8:21Psalm 51:5;Romans 3:11–1223; and Ephesians 2:2–3."

The only way I know how to search this (or any other) title for a specific Scripture is to prioritize the title and place it on top of the priority list then open a search tab (or use an existing one) and type the Scripture.

Is this what is meant in the description above or is there a better way? Can logos just link my Bible to this title just like to a commentary?

Thank you in advance!

Posts 4713
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 2:23 PM

Type one of the passages in the command box, and the resource should come up in the passage guide. I do not have this resource to try it out.

Everything ever written or spoken in Religion, formatted for Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 9
Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 2:46 PM

When I type it in the command box it comes up as a search tab and does find the title (since I've prioritized it). BUt when I type it in my Passage Guide tab, then it doesn't (or I don't see it). Which category would it be under?

Posts 4713
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 2:50 PM

Look under illustrations.

Everything ever written or spoken in Religion, formatted for Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 9
Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 3:12 PM

I did. It's not there.

Thank you for your help!

Posts 20
LogosEmployee
Elliot Ritzema (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 3:28 PM

Hi Chris,

When I want to look for a quote on a particular Scripture reference, I use the Sermon Starter Guide in Logos. If you hover your mouse over the "Collections" tab, you will see "Settings" on the right-hand side of the tab. If I you click on "Settings," you can choose to search within specific collections or series. The collections that you have created are listed first, and then pre-defined series. So, if you want to search for something in 1,500 Quotations, you can select the Pastorum Series, or you can create a collection that includes all of your quotation resources and select that instead.

Let me know if that helps!

Posts 2891
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 3:40 PM

try this -Create a collection of "Illustrations":

title:illustrations OR title:stories OR title:quotations OR title:laughter OR title:1001

Then do a Basic search on the collection using something like this:

<Bible ~Isaiah 58:9>

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 9
Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 4:32 PM

Elliot, Floyd - thank you guys!

I made a collection and that made it very easy to search for the title. It works from the Passage Guide as well. 

Thanks again!

Posts 9
Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 4:33 PM

Thank you Lynden!

You were the first responder.. I appreciate your help :)

Posts 13143
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 21 2013 11:12 AM

Floyd Johnson:

try this -Create a collection of "Illustrations":

title:illustrations OR title:stories OR title:quotations OR title:laughter OR title:1001

Thanks, changed Illustrations collection rule to:

Subject:(illustrat,quot,stor),Title:(1001,illustrat,laugh,quot,stor)

that added more resources.

One option is joining Faithlife group: Logos Collections => https://faithlife.com/logos-collections

Followed by copying collection document(s) => https://documents.logos.com/groups/3696891/documents

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS