Bug: Reading List entries disappear

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 115
Steve Sando | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2009 9:22 PM | Locked

(Beta 5) When I make a reading plan for War of the Jews, it looks fine until I stop and restart the product.  When it comes back, the dates are all blank.  However, when you mouse over the day it reappears!  Fun, but probably not what ya'll were looking for.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:30 PM | Locked

Steve,

Sorry for the delayed response. Is this still happening in the latest Beta? I can't reproduce it in Beta 8.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 115
Steve Sando | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 2:58 PM | Locked

Hi Melissa,

Yup, I just tried it on version 8 and 9 and could recreate.  It's a little irregular (like all the fun bugs).  Try this:

1. Open Logos with two windows, one with a reading plan - calendar mode - and another window with a book.
  2. Create another reading list, so you have two reading lists sharing the same window.
  3. Now make one reading list a 'floating' window
  4. Go back to Logos and create a reading list
  5. Or - switch back and forth scrolling
  6. The one in the floating window should disappear.

Yeah I know that's a pretty contorted way to see a bug.  There might be other, simplier ways to recreate it.  I think it has something to do with having more than one reading list visible - that's just a guess.

Thanks for checking....

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 3:04 PM | Locked

I still can't reproduce the problem, but I'll keep trying to break it. Have you seen any other display issues like this in other areas of the program? 

Posts 115
Steve Sando | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 4:11 PM | Locked

Melissa,

I'm sorry my sequence didn't work.  There must be something more I'm missing.  However, it is such a minor issue I hate to hear you spending time on it.  I use reading lists a lot, but usually only have one up at a time.  So, I really don't experience the bug on a daily basis.

(BTW without reading lists I wouldn't buy as many books thru Logos, it's almost impossible to make use of non-reference works, without some sort of cyber-bookmark system.  The Logos bookmark feature is OK, but not conducive to working your way thru a text.  This is all a back-handed way to say I really like the reading list feature.)

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 6:33 PM | Locked

I am having this problem tonight, but in the "normal" version.  I've rebooted, so that isn't the cause...here is a picture of what it looks like:

Note that the reading plan entries appear for August, but the ones earlier only appear when I mouse over them...I can get one to stick visible if I swiftlly drag the mouse down.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 7:45 AM | Locked

Ward,

Is that your only reading plan?  If you have others, are they behaving the same way?  Has anything changed on your system recently?

If you recreate the plan, using the "Catch up to here" option on the context menu to get up-to-date on your reading, is the problem resolved?

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 6:45 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:

Ward,

Is that your only reading plan?  If you have others, are they behaving the same way?  Has anything changed on your system recently?

If you recreate the plan, using the "Catch up to here" option on the context menu to get up-to-date on your reading, is the problem resolved?

Thanks,
Melissa

Melissa,

I've been using this reading plan this year with only one other possible problem (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/19537.aspx)--but that may have been user error.  This behaviour is new, and I can't explain it--I've done nothing that I know of to cause a problem.  I did notice that it displays Aug and Sep and Dec correctly...everything else is now invisible unless I mouse over it.

If I float the panel, then it displays correctly again across the full year.  When I reattach that tab into a sub-window, Logos shows me a spinning circle for perhaps a minute and my drive runs...that is unusual.  While I am still in the program after that, the window displays correctly. I'll attach a snapshot of what that looks like (and try to shrink it since I'm running it in a 1200x1600 monitor). 

I tried other reading plans, and don't see the same problems (see atch below):

I built a second reading plan as you asked (it displayed correctly at the time), swapped out that tab (it displayed correctly), updated the layout...closed Logos...opened & applied that layout...and the disappearing days were back again, exactly the same way they were before. If I dock or float the tab, it displays correctly again (at least during that session).

Not a huge issue since I can work around it in several ways, but it appears there must be a bug--especially since it likes to display 3 particular months and none other.

I'm attaching a log file of me opening Logos to a blank screen, then running the layout, then once it loads closing Logos--hope it helps.

4834.Logos4.log

8463.Logos4.log

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 12:58 PM | Locked

Ward Walker:

I built a second reading plan as you asked (it displayed correctly at the time), swapped out that tab (it displayed correctly), updated the layout...closed Logos...opened & applied that layout...and the disappearing days were back again, exactly the same way they were before. If I dock or float the tab, it displays correctly again (at least during that session).

Not a huge issue since I can work around it in several ways, but it appears there must be a bug--especially since it likes to display 3 particular months and none other.

I'm attaching a log file of me opening Logos to a blank screen, then running the layout, then once it loads closing Logos--hope it helps.

Thank you for trying a new plan and for the screenshots and logs. We'll review the logs, and I will also try to reproduce your steps to duplicate the problem.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2010 5:33 AM | Locked

Melissa,

In case it helps, this morning I started L4, let it sit a minute or two after it completed, then just ran my mouse over various days that had disappeared, finally clicking on the reading plan that I needed to read today.  That log file is attached.

1273.Logos4.log

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS