Knowledge base - I'm all excited

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28707
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:24 PM

Okay, most of you may have already figured this out but I just found a fanastic, exciting, powerful, wonderful possibility for Logos 4. Now ignore my hype and follow my logic.

1. With the ability to link documents and websites in folders, I can bring any type of document into Logos - click on the link and the document appears in the browser or appropriate software.
  2. There are documents, especially drawings, for which Logos is not the best piece of software. Rather, TreeForm (linguistic tree diagrams), or Rationale (argument mapping), or Harmony Assistant (music scores), or Dreamweaver (websites), or MS Office or Open Office  or ... you get the idea
  3. If Logos were to permit a bit of tagging on Favorites - scripture references and our own topic tags ...
  4. then if Logos were to search the title, references and tags and display them as "My Links"
  5. WE WOULD TURN LOGOS 4 INTO A TRUE KNOWLEDGE BASE FOR ALL OUR SCRIPTURE RELATED STUFF

Is that cool or what? All my Logos resources, relevant computer files and favorite web sites iin an integrated search system ... with all the non-Logos stuff completely tailored to my personal needs. I might even try to integrate my spine-'n-page library management software in ...

Okay, you can shoot me down 'cause I haven't heard any rumblings that this is Logos' vision for "Favorites" and I do have a few lectionary and reading plan issues ... but I can dream can't I?

Option 2: If I named my diagrams out of other software by its scripture citation and Logos were to search the titles for a "My Links" section, it would be a nice step forward that should be relatively easy to achieve ... to keep my dream alive, at least.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:58 PM

Yeahhhh!!!!  Check out the search capabilities in Zotero (bibliographic add-on for Firefox that lets you add web pages, documents on your hard disk, books found via Amazon.com or worldcat.org etc. to your database); if Logos could integrate something along those lines I'd be in bibliographic heaven!

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:32 AM

Quite interesting Martha, I have multiple Gigabytes of data that could be stored in such a system.  PDF, ODT, HTML, RTF and even a few DOC files which I would love to put in there. 

I'm hoping that the updated Sermon File Addin will work for some of this.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 707
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:16 AM

Great suggestion.

I wonder if there are ways L4 could tie into the native search capabilities of the OS to return results for third party files?

I'm sure some would want the option of not executing this type of search but I would also find it very helpful.

Also, thanks for the mention of Rationale and Treeform. I had not seen those.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS