1 Note File for Personal Commentary?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 210
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:16 AM

Before the quicker, cleaner notes (thank you Logos!), I split my personal commentary for individual writings (e.g. one commentary Luke, another for Acts...and so on). 

It would be very helpful for me to have only one file for a personal commentary that could cover the entirety of Scripture. Any concerns before I start these tedious process? In other words, will this slow my system down or cause any unforeseen problems? Thanks for your insight.

Posts 28124
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:50 AM

Jackie Watts:
Any concerns before I start these tedious process? In other words, will this slow my system down or cause any unforeseen problems?

Some thoughts:

1. The mobile app has had difficulties in the past with "large note files." This has improved greatly... but I don't know how large your file might be.
  2. It takes longer to write to a large note file than a small one. This may or may not be an issue for you.
  3. On the desktop app, you can turn individual note files on & off visually. Will you want to turn on (or off) ALL the notes (in your new note file) at a single time, or do you see any advantage to be able to turn them off one at a time?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25384
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 4:41 PM

Jackie Watts:
It would be very helpful for me to have only one file for a personal commentary that could cover the entirety of Scripture.

One Note file the size of a resource is not advisable. You might consider a Personal Book as a commentary with type "Bible Notes" or "Bible Commentary".

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS