Jastrow's Dictionary of the Targumim, the Talmud , and the Midrashic Literature

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 64
JFritschJr | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 2 2013 6:54 PM

This has been in CP for some time, can we move it into production?

https://www.logos.com/product/16534/dictionary-of-the-targumim-the-talmud-babli-and-yerushalmi-and-the-midrashic-literature

Posts 1355
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 7:18 PM

Please? 

(My work to push it through.- http://community.logos.com/forums/t/71959.aspx )

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 64
JFritschJr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 3 2013 7:59 PM

This is an important resource for doing serious study, and at $20 its a steal..

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 6:01 AM

I moved my bid from twenty to thirty dollars. If everyone who bid twenty or lower did this, it could move much faster.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 6:22 AM

I just raised my bid too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 6:29 AM

Jeffrey Fritsch:

This has been in CP for some time, can we move it into production?

https://www.logos.com/product/16534/dictionary-of-the-targumim-the-talmud-babli-and-yerushalmi-and-the-midrashic-literature

Since it isn't a work of systematic theology or an antiquated commentary, the chances aren't that good.  Sad

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 10107
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 6:34 AM

Interesting observation.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 6:49 AM

Denise:

Interesting observation.

Call me cynical if you like, but most Logos users aren't really interested in studying scripture.  What interests them is theological systems.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 10107
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 7:43 AM

OK. I'd like to call you cynical.

A careful perusal of human religious behavior would detect a large number of folks slicing and dicing without any particular need for something substantial.  That is what religion is for. 

I'm presently digging my way through Smith's Origins of Biblical Monotheism. It's amazing about all the gods and a whole industry describing their lives, etc. All with no hint of them actually existing.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 7:57 AM

Denise:

OK. I'd like to call you cynical.

A careful perusal of human religious behavior would detect a large number of folks slicing and dicing without any particular need for something substantial.  That is what religion is for. 

To "slice and dice"?

george
gfsomsel

Posts 10107
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 8:04 AM

Is slicing and dicing a cooking phrase?

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 8:19 AM

Denise:

Is slicing and dicing a cooking phrase?

That depends upon whether you're from Ginsu or your name is Mohammed (something or other).  Stick out tongue

george
gfsomsel

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 8:56 AM

This has been up for a while, and has a limited audience. I would think, though, that it would be of great value to the audience that's interested -- it's difficult to use in print!

Based on our CP history, I think it's going to need higher bids to get moving -- $30 or $40.

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 9:03 AM

Bob Pritchett:
Based on our CP history, I think it's going to need higher bids to get moving -- $30 or $40.

How about featuring it in a blog this week, and explaining the advantages of it.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 9:16 AM

Bob Pritchett:

This has been up for a while, and has a limited audience. I would think, though, that it would be of great value to the audience that's interested -- it's difficult to use in print!

Bob might well be correct here.  Jastrow is on p 1 of the best-selling (15/pg), but way down the list on progress.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 1355
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 9:18 AM

I have upped my bid. Again. 

And I agree with George. It's odd to see how fast the (insert dead obscure preacher here) collection hits production virtually overnight, but a basic tool of Jesus' native language (!) languishes for months and months.

Edit to add: I note that it seems to have crept from about 55 to maybe 62 percent in the last month or two that these posts have gone up.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 9:56 AM

Lynden Williams:
How about featuring it in a blog this week, and explaining the advantages of it.

Good idea. Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 64
JFritschJr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 6:52 PM

I also would like this...

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2013 1:31 PM

Bump.

Dictionary of the Targumim, the Talmud Babli and Yerushalmi, and the Midrashic Literature

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2013 2:31 PM
This MUST be in Logos format. An invaluable work! Martin.
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS