What should work?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22
Allen Townsend | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:29 AM

Aloha,

I am a Mac user and made the plunge to Logos 4 yesterday. Because I am new to the program, I am not sure what should be working and what is still being worked on. I have the Silver edition, which should contain exegetical work. However, nothing is showing up in the Exegetical Guide section. Neither the Apparatus, nor Word by Word has any information. Also, I am unable to access Preferences and a few other settings.

Here's what I am needing to know:

• Is this normal?
    • If not, what do I need to do to fix this?
  • What elements should be working with Alpha 8?
    • I thought the Exegetical Guide was working.
  • Is there a way to import other Reading Plans?

Thanks for your help!

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 10:19 AM

HI Allen, glad you can join us.  As I am sure you are aware, the L4mac is in Alpha development, so there are missing pieces, bugs and hangups.  The cool part is that as we use this, we report bugs and this helps speed up the development of the software.  It also means our input helps to shape what L4mac will look like (at least to some degree).

Anyway, there is a post at the top of this forum that is titled "START HERE"  This has a list of everything you are asking about, so I suggest you start there.  You can find a link to the post in my signature.

Bldssings

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 10:29 AM

I'll add the Exegetical Guide is not very useful at the moment. We have seen HUGE strides in the development of the Mac version over the past five or six weeks, but this aspect of the programme is lacking. For any serious study work, I am running the Windows version on Fusion.

Posts 22
Allen Townsend | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:18 PM

Joe, I apologize. I had looked the suggested forum over several times. I must have misunderstood the Exegetical Guide element. I was also confused because it seems the updates have corrected some of those issues.  Thanks for your input.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 1:10 PM

No need to apologize brother.  You are just looking for some help and there is a lot to take in when starting out.  

Welcome and enjoy the testing phase of L4mac!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 3:31 PM

Allen Townsend:
Because I am new to the program, I am not sure what should be working and what is still being worked on.

Wellcome Allen

I´m new around here too, now absolutely new to Logos, but the guys here at the forums, specially at Logos 4 Mac forums, are very nice and there is always a great answer for any question you might have.

I got here at Alpha 6 and have been very encouraged with the advancements of alpha so far. I´m using Parallels 5 to run the windows version of Logos 4 which is working good thanks to some "implementations" suggested elsewhere in some other thread of the forum. The reason I´m using parallels is because I work a lot with the interlinears and word by word exegetical guide, you might want to try parallels your self if you want to use the exegetical guide more deeply. Otherwise, Alpha 8 is a great step forward with info panel and power look up.

Enjoy! (I know you will)

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 3:33 PM

here is the link for the "optimal settings" for Parallels 5 thread:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/6461/57984.aspx#57984

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS