A8-Crash when entering info in quick search

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:42 PM

When I enter things in the quick search box, and hit enter the software crashes. Any thoughts? 

[View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/75/4034.Archive.zip:550:0]

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:43 PM

Let me try to attach my logs one more time, just in case the one above doesn't work.

7510.Archive.zip

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:46 PM

Are you able to open any resources in your library window?

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:56 PM

No, anytime I type in anything in that top box, it crashes. The program completely closes. 

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 1:05 PM

My two pence worth... I'm suspicious of something wrong with your index. One of the Logos techies might be along before long to confirm or deny. If you get desperate, you could try typing "rebuild index" in the command box to rebuild your index. There's also a way to do this by manually deleting your index file, but I can't remember off of the top of my head where it is as it is getting late!

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

Donovan R. Palmer:

My two pence worth... I'm suspicious of something wrong with your index. One of the Logos techies might be along before long to confirm or deny. If you get desperate, you could try typing "rebuild index" in the command box to rebuild your index. There's also a way to do this by manually deleting your index file, but I can't remember off of the top of my head where it is as it is getting late!

According to the logs, the Layout database is corrupt (no need to rebuild your index yet). We haven't seen this before, though, and it'd be great if you could help us out by doing a couple of things:

0) Quit Logos 4 Mac if it's running.

1) Next to the directory in which you found the application logs, there is a directory called "Documents". It contains a sub-directory with a randomly generated name, which, in turn, contains a sub-directory called LayoutManager (i.e. <your home directory>/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/<random text>/LayoutManager). This directory contains a file called layouts.db. It'd be great if you could upload that to the forum so we can take a look at it.

2) Move the above referenced layouts.db to the trash. A new one will get generated for you when you start Logos 4 Mac again.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 1:47 PM

No problem. Here you go. 1856.layouts.db

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 2:51 PM

Just wanted to follow up to see if you had a chance to take a look at the files that I uploaded?

Thanks.

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

We're digging into it.

Did you move your layouts.db to the trash after you uploaded it? Did that solve the issue or does the issue persist?

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 4:05 PM

Thanks for the reply.  I did move that file to the trash, and now when I type something, and hit enter, the program doesn't crash.

However the resource doesn't open up, like I believe it should.  

Are you supposed to simply type in something like "esv" and hit "enter" and then the ESV would open up? 

If so; that's not happening.

Thanks!

Rick

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

RickSmith:
Are you supposed to simply type in something like "esv" and hit "enter" and then the ESV would open up?

Optimally, yes. However, it may also search for the text ESV.

If you type "esv", it'll generate a list of suggestions, one of which will be "Open English Standard Version". If you select that item from the list of suggestions, it should open the resource.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS