New Computer and location of Logos

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 14 2013 7:04 AM

After buying and discarding desktop computers every two to three years, I decided to build one which I would be able to upgrade in the future. I do have a couple of questions, which I need help from forum members.

I loaded my Windows 7 OS and Logos on the C-Drive, which is a 120 GB Samsung SSD. Can someone please tell me where the Logos program and data files are located? I have used computers for 30 years, but Logos is hidden. I have three computers, and the data file totals are different for all three.

Is there a simple way to keep Windows 7 from using a default install to my C drive, which is the SSD?

Does Logos synchronize PBB?

System, 4770K Intel, 16 GB Ram, Samsung 840 120 GB SSD, Asus A87-Pro motherboard, WD Black 1 TB HD, Windows 7 OS. 

Posts 25184
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 7:24 AM

Gary Butner:

I loaded my Windows 7 OS and Logos on the C-Drive, which is a 120 GB Samsung SSD. Can someone please tell me where the Logos program and data files are located? I have used computers for 30 years, but Logos is hidden. I have three computers, and the data file totals are different for all three.

Is there a simple way to keep Windows 7 from using a default install to my C drive, which is the SSD?

The answers are in  http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

Gary Butner:
Does Logos synchronize PBB?

If you scan the resource folder from your old computer (see Method 3, above) it will include your PB's; which are not sync'd to/from Logos.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 12:23 PM

Dave, I looked and did not find Logos where the article said it was located.

Posts 27941
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 12:29 PM

Gary Butner:

Dave, I looked and did not find Logos where the article said it was located.

Gary - I don't know if this will help or not. Pardon a Mac user.Smile

Note - the default installation path is:
  XP -> C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4
  Vista, Win 7/8 -> C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Logos4
  (substitute your actual username for username)

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25184
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 4:49 PM

alabama24:
Note - the default installation path is:
  XP -> C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4
  Vista, Win 7/8 -> C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Logos4
  (substitute your actual username for username)

If the AppData folder is hidden you need to read http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers#Before_you_Start.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS