Setup was unable to download a required file

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6490
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 14 2013 8:34 PM

This is the message I get when trying to install the beta from the web link. The auto update feature is not working.

I have tried repair, and that is not helping.

08255.Logos.log

5074.LogosIndexer.log

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6490
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 8:38 PM

8233.LogosSetup.log

1881.LogosIndexer.log

8510.Logos.log

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6490
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 7:09 AM

Bump.

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

This is caused by the same BITS error (too many jobs) mentioned in another thread. You'll need to clear out backlogged BITS jobs on your computer before Setup or the Indexer can download any more files.

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

Lynden Williams:

Bump.

We don't provide 24/7 support in the Beta forum... your original post was at 8:34pm Logos time and this "bump" was at 7am; both are outside of normal business hours.

Posts 6490
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 7:59 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

This is caused by the same BITS error (too many jobs) mentioned in another thread. You'll need to clear out backlogged BITS jobs on your computer before Setup or the Indexer can download any more files.

Thanks Bradley, how do I clean out bits? Can it be done via services.msi? If not can you send me a direct link to download the software from Microsoft. Thanks.

Posts 6490
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 8:27 AM

Thanks Randy. That cleared it and Logos has downloaded the latest beta.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS