Request: Bible Student's Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13066
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 19 2013 5:55 AM

The Bible Student's Commentary (published by Zondervan in the 1980s), translated from the Dutch. The set was never finished, but includes Aalders on Genesis (2 vols), Gispen on Exodus, Noordtzij on Leviticus and Numbers, and Jan Ridderbos on Deuteronomy, and Isaiah, Howard Vos on Matthew, Goslinga on Joshua-Ruth.

Posts 2681
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 7:54 AM

Bravo, bulls eyes Yesyes please.

Mark, my paper copy reads H.N.Ridderbos for the Matthew entry as author and not Howard Vos. Are there two authors with separate entries for Matthew ?

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 13066
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 8:06 AM

Ted Hans:
Mark, my paper copy reads H.N.Ridderbos for the Matthew entry as author and not Howard Vos. Are there two authors with separate entries for Matthew ?

You're quite right. I only have the Pentateuch, so was relying on memory with a quick Google check for the others. It turns out Vos is in the Bible Study Commentary series.

Posts 2761
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 10:39 AM

Mark Barnes:
so was relying on memory

I wouldn't do that if I were you.  But I can't remember why.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1222
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:32 AM

Yes

I use the Dutch edition regularly.

Mark Barnes:

translated from the Dutch. The set was never finished

The original Dutch set covers the entire Bible. Perhaps a new translation project for Logos? Smile

Posts 2681
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:44 AM

Mark Barnes:
You're quite right. I only have the Pentateuch, so was relying on memory with a quick Google check for the others. It turns out Vos is in the Bible Study Commentary series.

No worries, i was a bit confused that perhaps i was missing an edition or a copy of Matthew. Great suggestion nevertheless, looking forward to its addition in Logos.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 53
Tim Bahula | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 27 2014 7:45 AM

Yes, please.

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 28 2014 3:40 PM

H.-J.van der Wal:

Yes

I use the Dutch edition regularly.

Mark Barnes:

translated from the Dutch. The set was never finished

The original Dutch set covers the entire Bible. Perhaps a new translation project for Logos? Smile

Stick out tongue  Yes please on both counts.

Posts 610
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 3 2014 3:39 AM

Yes to both!

The translated BSC volumes get pretty good commendations in the latest edition of Tremper Longman's OT Commentary Survey.

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 12:59 PM

Thanks for mentioning these! I'll check them out and get the ball rolling to get them into Logos.

Posts 559
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 6:53 PM

I'm reading a book in Logos that discusses commentaries, and this was mentioned quite favorably.  I am going to send a request for it to Logos tonight.  I've been sending a lot of requests

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS