Longstanding Bug: Can't add non-Bibles to "Add Version" in search results.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 28 2014 5:06 PM

Does this require us to "Rebuild Index"?

Posts 8251
LogosEmployee

Don Awalt:

Does this require us to "Rebuild Index"?

Unfortunately, yes, that is currently the only way to get the fix.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 29 2014 3:47 AM

If you follow my attempt to sequentially get two additional resources showing here, I think you'll see that this requires several extra redundant keystrokes and is losing information I have already set up.

I did the search query Mark started, then added Josephus(Greek), click inside the Add Versions box and click the right arrow, and get this, which is correct:

then I click into the Add Versions box (twice - first click highlights the existing resource name), add a comma, then type Joseph so I can pick Josephus New Updated edition. I select that entry, they are both in the Add Versions box. What do I do now? If I click the right arrow, it goes back to just my first selection only in the Add Versions box. If I click up on the lemma choice and hit that right arrow, Add Versions clears and nothing is there. 

So then I try, with the original search query only displayed in 1 resource:

1. Click in the Add Versions box, (sometimes you have to click again as the first version is highlighted [if your cursor was off that panel], sometimes not!), type comma, Jos, click to select the revised Josephus - it now LEAVES that box, and now highlights the lemma search term! Not intuitive.

2. Click back in the Add Versions box, and everything is highlighted. So you have to click in the search box TWICE - once to remove the highlighting on the terms, the second time to actually say Go), now you have a search with just two resources, the original and the third, and the Add Versions box just says "Josephus" in it!

At this point if I just click on "Josephus" in the Add Versions box I get a generic drop down - it seems to have lost the fact I am looking for a Josephus resource.

So the only way to get all three resources showing that I can figure out is you have to start with an empty Add Versions box, and type Joseph, click twice, add comma, type Joseph, select the next resource, click twice on the arrow, and then it comes up.

I would vote that this needs to be made a lot more efficient in keystrokes, and bulletproof. Does anyone else see/experience these challenges as I do?

Posts 25741
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 29 2014 5:01 AM

Don Awalt:
I did the search query Mark started, then added Josephus(Greek), click inside the Add Versions box and click the right arrow, and get this, which is correct:

then I click into the Add Versions box (twice - first click highlights the existing resource name), add a comma, then type Joseph so I can pick Josephus New Updated edition. I select that entry, they are both in the Add Versions box. What do I do now? If I click the right arrow, it goes back to just my first selection only in the Add Versions box.

Which makes me wonder if this was ever tested - this happens whether one types part of the second resource as you indicate, or simply selects it from the picker. The software should assume that a comma actually means that I am adding a resource and not replacing one.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS