Let's get the Group Think in gear

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 22 2013 7:07 PM

http://www.logos.com/product/34097/histories-of-alexander-the-great

Plato and Aristotle sped through CP even though they arguably bear no relation to the Bible, yet this set is practically flat-lined. Of course, Alexander was the third historical iteration of the Beast and precursor to the Little Horn. Let's get on board for this--I'm bidding $20.

Posts 8944
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 4:09 AM

I've been in at $14 from the first day but it has hardly moved at all. (edit: I should have added that I know that it just released. Wink)

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 6:04 AM

David Paul:
Plato and Aristotle sped through CP even though they arguably bear no relation to the Bible

I bid on Plato and Aristotle in part because Aristotle influenced the development of theology by Aquinas, for example. It's occurred to me however that (a) there are a lot of good books coming to Logos, so I have to discriminate somewhat, and (b) since I can't likely get everything I want on the theology/scripture side, I surely don't want to expand into just general classics/history; it's not nearly as an important an area of interest. Others may disagree, but it's important to note that books coming onto PrePub and CP now are either theology or history (some may be both).

Logos decided to move into classics and history, it may take some time to develop a market sizable enough to support that. The forums are largely populated by people drawn here due to scripture/theology, it's probably a mistake to assume the same progress in books that the current people were not drawn here for. That's the reason I offered my perspective on this.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 1:54 PM

Do You think The Works of Aristotle (12 vols.) is important to have? I'm thinking whether I should return it. (I didn't want Plato, I don't like all kinds of Philosophy studies.) (I'm studying in a brief Philosophy class in college right now, I'm unsure whether I'll get to cite it there as the class is not in English but in Swedish.)

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 2:02 PM

Try a search in you library 

Aquinas WITHIN 10 words Aristotle. I have 400 resources that match, Aquinas developed a lot of his thinking based on Aristotle. You may find that helps you decide, by reading some of the excerpts.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 2:14 PM

I have like 16 resources + Worship in the Early Church: An Anthology of Historical sources.

Most of those 16 are Encyclopedias and Dictionaries.

Btw, I will be studying classical Gk in uni in 2014.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 2405
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2013 4:13 AM

Have you tried Google Translate?   Then in the footnote quote the original English text.

Unix:

I'm unsure whether I'll get to cite it there as the class is not in English but in Swedish.)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS