Why Does Logos Insist on Opening the NASB in the Interlinear Mode?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 210
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 23 2013 8:33 AM

Okay, I fixed this one before, but since I've updated, the problem is back.

I have two NASB's open in two different windows, one with the inline display on, and one with the inline display off.  The problem is Logos insists on opening both with the interlinear on.  Even if I switch to the home page and back I have to reset the display mode in one window.

I'm sure I'll feel stupid when someone tells me how to set this again.....

Gerry

Posts 27959
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 8:41 AM

I don't think this is a problem you can fix... But I could be wrong. Smile

It's my understanding that the resource is fighting with itself. Logos remembers NASB RI (ON) or (OFF). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 210
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 12:56 PM

Well, I know it used to work.  Perhaps changes were made to Logos that changed the way this behaves.  Oh well, if I have to live with it, I will.

Gerry

Posts 27959
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 1:01 PM

Gerald P. Swetsky:

Well, I know it used to work.  

I don't know if or when it changed, if it did... And there may be a bug... Sometimes I read so many posts that my brain gets a little fuzzy... (At least, that's the excuse I'll give. Smile)

Posts 27535
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 2:09 PM

I can't replicate your problem:

1. How did you open the multiple windows? I used right click on the tab which creates a window with exactly the same options as the original.

2. Are they linked? mine are not.

3. Did you change the interlinear settings in the new tab or the original tab? I changed the original.

4. What code are you running? I'm running Logos Bible Software 5.1a (5.1.1.0589)

OR is this the problem?

Give the above a layout name, close, open another layout, open the layout above ... one window retains its setting, one does not ... a bug to be reported.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 3:04 PM

MJ. Smith:
a bug to be reported

It's been reported long ago, and by quite a few people. For example at:

The latter includes a reply by Bradley:

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

Some display settings (such as interlinear lines) are saved "per-resource", not "per-panel". When you load a layout, the last chosen setting is applied to all panels. This causes the problem you are seeing.

We have a case internally tracking this issue, but I don't currently have any information about if/when it will be changed.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 27959
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 3:22 PM

Thanks fgh. That post from Bradley was in the back of my mind. Along with cobwebs.

Posts 210
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 7:29 PM

Thank you all very much.  I guess I'll just have to be patient for awhile, though it seems it was working correctly for awhile.

MJ. Smith, first of all, I was speaking of the line by line interlinear co-existing with the plain text and as long as I didn't leave the layout per se, the two would live together quite well.  It was only if I shut the system down and restarted, for instance, that both Bibles would be in the same mode, usually the interlinear.  I am running Logos 5.1.0.0979.

Gerry

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS