Best Way to Get Primary Sources?

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13308
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 10:40 AM

Steve:
Do you happen to remember what the pre-pub price was for the AYB Reference Library?

It was initially $549.95 in March 2010, then went up to $599.95

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 11:30 AM
Denise:
But my absolute fav is http://www.logos.com/product/5787/semitic-inscriptions-analyzed-texts-and-english-translations
Denise, does this collection is in logos4 format or old libronix (lbxlls) format? Martin.
Posts 10032
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 12:00 PM

LLS:ARAMAICINSCRIPTIONS
2010-05-03T23:39:47Z
ARAMAICINSCRIPTIONS.lbxlls

The interlinear includes english glosses, transliterations, but I didn't want to get in trouble (with George):

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 12:48 PM
Old but good Libronix format. Big Smile
Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 2:48 PM

Super Tramp:
I do not remember what the contents are. It has been posted somewhere in the forums. (Rosie? Mark?) I know it is part of Portfolio.

There's a listing of the contents of Logos 3.0's Original Languages Library here:

http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_3.0_Original_Languages_Library

But that has been superseded by the awesome Google Doc listing of every base package ever, and under Logos 4.0, Column F lists what was in the Original Languages package.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 3:33 PM

Peace, Rosie!                *smile*                              A favour, please ....      what is the date of the "awesome" file?     I think I may have already saved it, but am not sure???

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:45 AM

Milford, it is a live, collaboratively editable file, always in flux. You should not save it offline somewhere but rather save a link to it. If you have a Google account (free), you can save it in your favorites (starred files) to find it again quickly.

Saving the file on your hard disk would be akin to downloading a Wikipedia page. Peopke just don't do that. It lives in the cloud.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 1:46 PM

Peace, Rosie!              Thank you!           *smile*                       Maybe we can all live in the cloud someday, eh???     

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 1:54 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Maybe we can all live in the cloud someday, eh???     

There are those who aspire to make it so, literally, i.e., absent our bodies. I shudder to think of it.

And I'm very glad I don't even store all my files in the cloud. My phone and internet service has been down for 24 hrs and I've been told that the earliest they can get someone out here to fix it is next Monday! I thank God for my smartphone, that I finally caved in and got one a few months ago after resisting for years. And I'm thankful I can still run Logos on my PC while offline.

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 4:35 PM

Nick, here's another collection I have that is s treasure trove of early Christian liturgical texts, letters, inscriptions, canons, etc. Some full texts, others just excerpts.

Worship in the Early Church: An Anthology of Historical Sources

http://www.logos.com/product/31154/worship-in-the-early-church-an-anthology-of-historical-sources

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS