Twitter Daily Deal at 50% off - What a deal today???

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 29 2013 6:42 PM

I generally look at the Daily Deal on Twitter each day so that I have the chance to get individual books at 50% off. It has always been reasonable and a good deal - except for today.

Today they offered the Poetical Books from the Sheffield Reader series. The whole series of 12 volumes is $159.95. This morning the single volume of Poetical Books was over $72, This afternoon it lists at $64.95. Why the change? Half of that would still be over $32. I knew the discount for a collection was better, but this is amazing. The average price of the 12 volumes would be about $13 based on the collection price. The single volume at 50% off is still costing almost 3 times this.

Something doesn't feel right about this. Why offer a single volume deal that shows such a huge disparity. So this is the first one I've passed up in a while and I'll be looking more closely in the future.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2013 7:14 PM

Michael Lasley:
The average price of the 12 volumes would be about $13 based on the collection price. The single volume at 50% off is still costing almost 3 times this.

Wow. A Twitter no-deal. Disappointing to see Logos market the book in this way. One book at more than a third of the cost of 12 before the daily 'deal' is applied. Let the buyer beware.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2013 7:21 PM

If it's any consolation, there is another good deal on there today. 40% off of an item already marked down %40. I called Logos early today to verify and was told to jump on it.

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 5:04 AM

Randy W. Sims:

If it's any consolation, there is another good deal on there today. 40% off of an item already marked down %40. I called Logos early today to verify and was told to jump on it.

Thanks for the heads up on that Randy. 80% off is a great deal and I just placed my order now.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 5:19 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Thanks for the heads up on that Randy. 80% off is a great deal and I just placed my order now.

Me too! Yes

Posts 12161
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 6:09 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Randy W. Sims:

...40% off of an item already marked down %40. ...

...80% off is a great deal and I just placed my order now.

Hope you enjoy it - I couldn't resist, either. 

However, just to make sure the mathematican watchblogs don't pick us Logosians out as heretics: rebate percentages don't add up, but the residual payment percentages multiply:

original price: 100, rebate 40% on 100 => marked down price 60

rebate 40% on the marked down price of 60: 24 => coupon price 36

you pay .6 * .6 on 100, the cumulative rebate is 64% (which is high for Logos, think back to March Madness), not 80%

Poooh, *wipe sweat from brow* hope this just got us off the hook of the young & restless mathematicans crowd (don't say they trumpeted "*!*algebraic heretics in Logos forum!!1oneeleven!!1!11" all over facebook already?! Farewell, Bruce, we fellow MVPs will miss you!)

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 6:15 AM

NB.Mick:
the cumulative rebate is 64% (which is high for Logos, think back to March Madness), not 80%

Ah....I made a classical mathematical error. Embarrassed Thanks for the correction! As you said, it still is a great deal.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 6:59 AM

Yes it is possible to offer stacking rebates totaling over 100% and still have to pay for your purchase. The marvels of marketing.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 1:01 PM

Michael Lasley:
The whole series of 12 volumes is $159.95. This morning the single volume of Poetical Books was over $72, This afternoon it lists at $64.95.

Why are you surprised? Logos.com still includes little gems like

Tongue Tied

(I think I'll go and alert Gabe to this one...)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 2:38 PM

fgh:

Good call.

Posts 472
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 3:58 AM

Can someone tell me where to find this deal.

Posts 12161
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 4:09 AM

Hello Stephen,

welcome to the Logos user forums!

Stephen McCracken:

Can someone tell me where to find this deal.

In Logos' Twitter feed http://twitter.com/#!/logos - look for 40% and a coupon code - but I'm not positive it will still work today, such deals typically expire on midnight Pacific Time the same day.

Good luck!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 5:42 AM

I'm not exactly sure how complicated Twitter makes their URLs but http://twitter.com/Logos works too I believe...

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 6:11 AM

fgh:

Why are you surprised? Logos.com still includes little gems like

Tongue Tied

Seems Concordia wants their prices like that...SurpriseIck!Tongue Tied

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS