How to create/attach a note for a verse

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1841
mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 1 2013 12:12 PM

Hi,

How do you create a yellow sticky note for a verse?

I've done it before by doing right-click and add a note, but now that option only shows for the last note you've opened, and I do not want to create a community note.

It seems the only way to open "that" note first then I'd be able to create a note on verses? Is there another way to make it shows up without opening it? what if I have many different notes open?

it just seems the process creating a note more tedious..where a person could just attach a note to any verse in 1 step.

thanks!

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:20 PM

Here is a video I just made to answer your question. I hope it's helpful to you.

If you have multiple note files open each one of those should appear as an option for where to place your note. Otherwise, the most recently opened note file (along with the option for a community note) appears. Watch the video and let me know if you have any other questions or if I didn't answer your question:

http://screencast.com/t/CCUmJT0N 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1841
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 7:16 PM

Thanks Jacob for the reply..

that was exactly my concern, the only way you can write the note is if the last note you open is "that" note itself.

But if you had other notes open, then you can't really attach a note onto the verse.

My question is if there is another way attaching a note to a verse than the method you & I know.. (a much simpler one, without having the last note you open is the one that will show up on your right-click drop down menu)

I hope my question kinda makes sense

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 7:18 PM

You do know that you can have more than one note file open, don't you?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 8:13 PM

Mike-

i don't know of any other way in the desktop app to add a note to a passage other than the right click method. If you were wanting  add notes to one of multiple note files you can keep them all open (maybe even in one tab for space). And then you will have all of the note files you have open appear in that right click dialog, as in this video: http://screencast.com/t/ky7KDOiaWdX 

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 8:26 PM

Jacob - you need to add a space after your hyperlinks in order for them to work. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:02 AM

alabama24:

Jacob - you need to add a space after your hyperlinks in order for them to work. 

thanks, done

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS