Shortcuts for whole collections

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 67
Mike Cahill | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:44 PM

I was just wondering if it is possible to create an icon shortcut for an entire collection or if they all need to be individual titles. 

Thanks 

Posts 2811
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:49 PM

Mike Cahill:
I was just wondering if it is possible to create an icon shortcut for an entire collection or if they all need to be individual titles. 

Mike, I don't think so.  At least, I can't drag a collection name or rule to the shortcuts bar.  If there's a way to do it, I'd like as much as you to know it.

You can (and I have) have a 'Show Collections' button on the shortcut bar so you can get to them pretty quickly.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 67
Mike Cahill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:59 PM

When you created the icon for 'show collections' does it just take you to the collections page or does it open up a specific collection that you have designated?  

Thanks and ton for the response. 

Posts 2811
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 1:06 PM

Mike Cahill:
When you created the icon for 'show collections' does it just take you to the collections page or does it open up a specific collection that you have designated?  

It opens up the Collections page, where I can then drop down my list and choose the one I want. I can see why you would want to put a specific collection on the shortcut bar; there are a few of the 160 or so that I've defined that I'd like quick access to but don't know where I'd draw the line. I'm afraid I'd run out of Shortcut bar space.

Again, there might be another way to get what you want and I don't know about it. But if not, this might be a good topic for Logos UserVoice. I'd post it there myself but I'm out of votes.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 9075
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 1:21 PM

You can have a specific collection show up on the menu bar by first opening Collections to that collection, then dragging the collection tab to Favorites. This creates a Favorite for the specific collection. Now drag from Favorites to the menu bar to create the icon and link.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2811
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 1:26 PM

Mark Smith:
You can have a specific collection show up on the menu bar

You may have to post a picture, Mark. I tried that (I think that's one of the things I tried) before answering Mike. I couldn't get the little circle/slash thing to go away when hovering over the shortcut bar, so I assumed it wouldn't take it.

When you say 'menu bar' do you mean the same thing as when I say 'shortcut bar'?

Posts 2811
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 1:31 PM

Doc B:
I tried that

This time it worked. (Mike, there's your answer!)

I don't know what the difference was, other than maybe I wasn't picking up the favorite right, or wasn't hovering in the right place.

Thanks Mark! Now what am I gonna do about shortcut bar space??

Posts 9075
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 2:15 PM

Doc B:
Thanks Mark! Now what am I gonna do about shortcut bar space??

This technique - dragging to Favorites and then to the menu/shortcut/whatever bar works for other tools. Suppose you have a Cited By set-up you like for some uses (maybe just your collections of lexicons, dictionaries, etc. for word studies), drag the small Cited By tab (the one with the two quote marks on it) to Favorites. Then drag that to the shortcut area. Now you've preserved that set of settings for Cited By and made it accessible in one click. Try it for Text Comparison using different sets of Bibles. You can also save searches by dragging to Favorites, though I've never then added them to the shortcuts area.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS