Image Search Thumbnails Too Small

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1078
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 15 2013 12:14 AM

I am not sure whether this is a beta bug, a mac beta bug, an unimplemented feature, or something else.

Is there a list of unimplemented features that are in the pipeline?

Anyway ... Image Search.

When I use the size tool, the text in the panel ('1,000 hits in 100 articles ... ') goes large but the icons are too small to see, they do not change size. I would expect the icons to enlarge as well.

Similarly, when using the tool tip, I see the text from the resource rather than the image. I would expect a large thumbnail of that image.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 13370
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2013 12:18 AM

On Windows, the slider doesn't change the image size (it is a text-size slider, after all!), but the images are big enough to begin with. On Windows, the layout is probably on the same grid, but with much less white space between each image.

Posts 1078
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2013 12:44 AM

I see what you mean about the white space.

I suspect it is also a function of your screen resolution. When I crop to one of the thumbnails, it is only 32x46 px. Which on my 1900x1020 MBP is a little small ... but then I suspect it would be a little small on most displays.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 13370
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2013 1:03 AM

Martin Folley:
I suspect it is also a function of your screen resolution. When I crop to one of the thumbnails, it is only 32x46 px. Which on my 1900x1020 MBP is a little small ... but then I suspect it would be a little small on most displays.

I'm running 1920x1080.

However, since posting, I've noticed that image results from "Media" resources return smaller thumbnails than image results from ordinary resources, even on Windows. They are too small. Normal thumbnails have a maximum size of 100px. Media thumbnails have a maximum size of 50px.

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2013 4:10 PM

Martin Folley:
I am not sure whether this is a beta bug, a mac beta bug, an unimplemented feature, or something else.

I have created a case for this issue for Development. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS