Are the days of the "Great Pre-Pubs" over?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1222
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 16 2013 7:02 PM

The title is a bit too much, but I think back to when I first got on Logos and I think NIC*T was on prepub (?). I was too new to recognize the value of the resources on pre pub....

So what would be it's equal? What do you hope to see enter the pre pub that will be the must have?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2013 7:38 PM

Mike Tourangeau:
So what would be it's equal?

We just had the Baker Academic Biblical Studies Bundle released. It was available for $999.95 last April. I placed and cancelled my order several times until I finally ended up paying the $1349.95 for it. I wish I had stayed in from the beginning.

The first Zondervan Bible Reference Bundle was a good Pre-Pub price with the Pradis trade-up, imo.

Mike Tourangeau:
What do you hope to see enter the pre pub that will be the must have?

Oxford English Dictionary, C.S. Lewis, Japanese Bible, Britannica's Great Books of the Western World.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 18671
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:01 PM

I'm hoping for collections of C.S. Lewis, John Stott, Lesslie Newbigin, Henri Nouwen.

Posts 1497
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:11 PM

I've noticed that pre-pubs don't offer the amount of savings they used to. Disappointing really.

Posts 8949
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2013 6:36 AM

Rosie Perera:

I'm hoping for collections of C.S. Lewis, John Stott, Lesslie Newbigin, Henri Nouwen.

Yes Those would be great Pre-pubs!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1222
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:06 AM

Rosie Perera:
John Stott,

I would jump on this one.... 

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:52 AM

Josh:

I've noticed that pre-pubs don't offer the amount of savings they used to. Disappointing really.

I think some of that may be due to the percentage savings now being relative to the lower regular Logos electronic book price where is was originally relative to the higher price of the Printed edition? Whisper

Posts 1981
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2013 3:32 PM

There are still some commentary sets that would be nice to have.  Old Testament Library/New Testament Library would be nice. 

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2013 3:52 PM

I would love to see the New Cambridge Bible Commentary.  I would also be excited to see The Bicentennial Edition of John Wesley's Works (the only truly scholarly edition).  Finally, I want the Works of Martyn Lloyd-Jones (including his classic treatment of Romans and the Sermon on the Mount).

I want MORE books?  Yes!!!  Yes!!!  Yes!!!  There are always more books to desire.  How many books do I want.  Always at least one more.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS