What did you buy with your $20 Gift Card??

Page 3 of 5 (81 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 80 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1896
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 5:56 AM

I got the B.B. Warfield Collection . Pretty good price after the discount.

Thanks Logos!

Donnie

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 7:40 AM

Found mine as well! Thanks Logos!

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 7:42 AM

Erik:

Sean:

Thomas Oden's Systematic Theology. It's on sale this month for about $6 off; the coupon brought it down to $24 for me. I call that a deal. Smile

Hmmm....that's tempting.  One can always use a good Arminian Theology. 

My only debate is whether I get something I already have in print (i.e. Oden) or pick up something completely new to me.  I've seen others mention Bock's Jesus in Context and I also am interested in Blomberg's Jesus and the Gospels...but I already have them in print as well. I'm tempted by Hodges' Majority Text too just for completeness.  Right now I'm leaning toward just getting Geisler's apologetics library for $19.61 and throwing in the Jeremiah Lifeworks 1.0 for .22 cents....you've gotta love Dynamic Pricing.

Now I'm even more confused! This is almost painful! Big Smile

Just a suggestion, but why not do both? By the book you already have in dead tree format, and then sell the print version on amazon... Then when the money comes back from that, buy the other ;)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 2828
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 7:56 AM

I bought The Bible among the Myths: Unique Revelation or Just Ancient Literature? by John Oswalt. 

Dr. Oswalt is my favorite Old Testament scholar, my former professor from seminary, and someone who combines the best scholarship with the deepest spirituality. 

I couldn't resist picking up this book at no cost to myself.  That is a great blessing indeed.  Thanks Logos!

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 591
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 9:40 AM

I bought The "Dictionary of Latin and Greek Theological Terms: Drawn Principally from Protestant Scholastic Theology." With my $20 coupon, it cost me $3.99.

Posts 2339
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 5:39 PM

The gauntlet was thrown down and with fervor I have taken it up. David Alan Black recommends The Hebrew New Testament for those who intend to learn biblical Hebrew. I got a deal for which I have no words.Whisper

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 43
David Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 6:32 PM

I bought Pillar New Testament Commentary: The Letter to the Hebrews (https://www.logos.com/product/5938/pillar-new-testament-commentary-the-letter-to-the-hebrews) .  27% off as a September Deal + $20 coupon = $12.95. Thanks, Logos.

Posts 1501
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 7:30 PM

I've been slowly piecing together the Socio-Retorical commentaries. And thanks to my student discount, I was able to pick up Ben's commentary on the Captivity Epistles and 1 & 2 Thessalonians for less than 23 bucks. After tax it was less than 5 bucks. Cool

Oh, and thanks to the free socio-rhetorical commentary on Hebrews by deSilvia my set is filling out quite nicely.

Posts 222
Justin Cofer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 9:41 PM

David Scott:

I bought Pillar New Testament Commentary: The Letter to the Hebrews (https://www.logos.com/product/5938/pillar-new-testament-commentary-the-letter-to-the-hebrews) .  27% off as a September Deal + $20 coupon = $12.95. Thanks, Logos.

I did the same thing.  Thanks Logos!

Posts 87
Stephen Kao | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 11:48 PM

This is what I bought

Baker Preaching Collection (7 vols.) and
Biblical Preaching: The Development and Delivery of Expository Messages, Second Edition

Posts 58
Richard Milbrandt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2013 10:59 AM

I bought The Book of Concord (2000 edition).  Thank you Logos for the gift of $20 towards that book purchase.

Posts 3666
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2013 12:11 PM

I just made my purchase - 

https://www.logos.com/product/569/handbook-of-christian-apologetics
     https://www.logos.com/product/10168/evidence-for-christianity

Both were just under $20, but with the coupon, I got them for $18.90 Smile.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 3669
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 22 2013 2:53 PM

John Kight:

What did you buy with your $20 gift card?  

https://www.logos.com/product/17848/the-niv-application-commentary-romans 

THANKS, Logos!

Geeked Gift Geeked

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 22 2013 4:25 PM

Jonathan Sine:

LaRosa Johnson:

I got A Puritan Theology: Doctrine for Life... used the $20 coupon, plus the discount that challies.com had for 22% off, so ended up being $14.95 before tax.

Well played. Perhaps that's where I should have gone with it.

Well played indeed. I just followed your lead on this and claimed the credit and the coupon together. The total I paid was $14.95 for a 44.95 resource. I love good deals. Thanks.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 298
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 22 2013 5:51 PM

It was interesting to read the different things people used their certificate on and it struck me as what a diversified group of people we are in this forum- and that is indeed a good thing. I bought the Introduction to Biblical Interpretation by Klein, Blomberg, and Hubbard. Like many here, it did not cover the cost completely but reduced it down to a price that made me happy. I greatly enjoyed this book when I had the print version and will absolutely love it in Logos. Thanks Logos for the coupon.  

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2013 3:31 PM

Theological Journals Library vol. 15 (via dynamic pricing on the vols. 1-15 set). 

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2013 5:23 PM

Well I changed my mind and got Josh McDowell's handbook on Apologetics and Ray Comfort's Scientific Facts in the Bible: 100 Reasons to Believe that the Bible is Supernatural in Origin.

I only payed a few bucks extra! Thank, Logos!!

Posts 1874
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2013 5:34 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/33113/encountering-the-new-testament-a-historical-and-theological-survey-3rd-ed Academic pricing + $20 discount = extremely happy Logos user!

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 7:10 PM

I picked up A Messianic Commentary: Matthew Presents Yeshua, King Messiah. Like I mentioned in a different thread, I'm expecting this to be a real hoot. The last blurb in the product description, written by a Rabbi Friedman, mentions Kasdan's emphasis on "the seven different types of Pharisees" that supposedly existed in Yeishuu`a's day. The point that underlies this concept is that Yeishuu`a was Himself actually a Pharisee. The reason this idea is so important to Messianic and even non-Messianic Jews is that it provides the cover and validation of Orthodox Judaism they all want to establish. For Messianic Jews, this notion essentially means the only missing piece in their traditional sage-steeped "system" was the blank space where the Messiah's name was to be filled in. In this mindset, Judaism, whether Second Temple or Orthodox, with its profusion of not-in-the-Bible laws isn't a perversion of Tohraah, and especially Deut. 4:2 & Deut. 12:32...it is instead the natural expression of none other than Jeeesus Himself...Mk. 7:6-13 notwithstanding.

I'm expecting a lot of spit, tape, and baling wire. Got my bag of popcorn at the ready. Geeked

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 7:45 PM

New American Commentary: Revelation 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Page 3 of 5 (81 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS