CRASH: 5.1b: Press down-arrow in Program Settings when dropdown has focus

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 27 2013 2:09 AM

Open Program Settings

Press <Tab> twice (to get focus into "At startup open to" dropdown.

Press <Down Arrow>

Result: Logos Crashes

Log files attached.

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:30 AM

Could not confirm this in L5 Mac.

Selected "At startup open to" manually, then pressed the down arrow. Nothing happened. Apparently, the tab and arrow keys are disabled in Program Settings of the Mac version.

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:41 AM

my works fine. l5.1b running on windows 8.

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 6:33 AM
I can confirm the bug (Win 7, 5.1b (5.1.2.0020) when trying multiple times to switch from Home to Most recent layout - local. Error ID: 2842 Error detail: WpfBindingException: System.Windows.Data Error: 8 : Cannot save value from target back to source. BindingExpression:Path=Value; DataItem='StartupLayoutOptionPreference' (HashCode=60599278); target element is 'ComboBox' (Name=''); target property is 'SelectedItem' (type 'Object') ArgumentException:'System.ArgumentException: exactly one of startupLayoutOption or namedLayoutTitle must be null, and exactly one must be non null ~ at LDLS4.StartupLayoutOptionSetting..ctor(Nullable`1 startupLayoutOption, String namedLayoutTitle) ~ at LDLS4.NamedPreferences.StartupLayoutOptionPreference.SetValueCore(String value) ~ at LDLS4.NamedPreference.set_Value(String value)'
Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 8:35 AM

Rosie Perera:
Result: Logos Crashes

I can reproduce this on Windows in 5.1b, and I have created a case for Development. 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:16 PM

Angela, did you also notice the feature parity issues?:

Jack Caviness:

Could not confirm this in L5 Mac.

Selected "At startup open to" manually, then pressed the down arrow. Nothing happened. Apparently, the tab and arrow keys are disabled in Program Settings of the Mac version.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:39 PM

fgh:
Angela, did you also notice the feature parity issues?:

Yes I did notice the feature parity issue, however it is by design for Mac because Mac does not support it.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:46 PM

Ah! Thanks for letting us know.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 5:32 PM

Ben:

my works fine. l5.1b running on windows 8.

Martin Grainger Dean:
I can confirm the bug (Win 7, 5.1b (5.1.2.0020)

Yes, I should have mentioned that I was running Win 7. Apparently it doesn't happen on Win 8, but I'm glad to see it confirmed on Win 7. This sort of thing is why using different configurations is important in internal testing.

Angela Murashov:

I can reproduce this on Windows in 5.1b, and I have created a case for Development. 

Thanks, Angela. 

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 7 2013 12:21 PM

This should be fixed in 5.2 Beta 1. 

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS