Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics Old and New version

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2216
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 27 2013 6:41 AM

I selected a link in the Lexham Greek Syntatic New Testament Glossary and it referenced the older GGBB. I had hidden the older resources. When I unhide and restarted Logos it did not reinstall. Selecting update now did not reinstall and selecting the update resource button in the dialog that comes up when a resource is not installed did not reinstall the resource. It did reinstall when I typed update resources in the command box.

Questions: Shouldn't all links now go to the newer version of GGBB as many will not want both versions in their library? Shouldn't some of the other technics for reinstalling a hidden resource work?

Thanks

Posts 25112
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 6:50 AM

John Fidel:
Questions: Shouldn't all links now go to the newer version of GGBB as many will not want both versions in their library?

I think the Glossary and other resources should be re-indexed for the Logos edition of Wallace's.

John Fidel:
selecting the update resource button in the dialog that comes up when a resource is not installed did not reinstall the resource.

This should work.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2216
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 6:53 AM

Using Mac and latest stable version of L5.

Posts 9109
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 8:18 AM

John Fidel:
Shouldn't all links now go to the newer version of GGBB...?

Definitely, but I am seeing the same behavior. Logos needs to update this resource.

John Fidel:
When I unhide and restarted Logos it did not reinstall.

Not only does it not install the older version, it is now absent from my Hidden Resources list.

Something is amiss!

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2216
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 2:39 PM

Mark you will need to run update resources from the command box and it will reinstall.

Posts 9109
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:55 PM

John Fidel:
Mark you will need to run update resources from the command box and it will reinstall.

That is not how it is supposed to work, but thanks. The links in the Lexham Syntactic Greek NT Glossary definitely need to be updated.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10604
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:28 AM

Mark Smith:

Not only does it not install the older version, it is now absent from my Hidden Resources list.

Something is amiss!

Believe the older version was replaced by the newer one. At least that appears to be what happened in my installation. I did not hide the old version, but it disappeared a day or two after the new version downloaded.

Posts 2216
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 6:07 AM

Hi Jack I have both versions. The old one was hidden by me after I installed the updated version. Update is black cover, older one is blue.

Posts 10604
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 10:36 AM

John Fidel:

Hi Jack I have both versions. The old one was hidden by me after I installed the updated version. Update is black cover, older one is blue.

Did not remember hiding the old version, but there it is among my hidden resources Embarrassed. Wonder who could have put it there? Hmm

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS