Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 13
Petre Adrian | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 2 2013 12:55 PM

Hello!

I am coming back with a request for a Romanian Bible version under Logos. I am an user of Logos 4 for Mac, but I miss a Romanian version. You have so many versions in different languages (even Hungarian, our neighbours). Why not a Romanian one?

Being a pastor, how can I recommend Logos 4 to my colleagues without a Romanian version? 

Please, consider this: if there is anything I can help with, freely, I will do it. For a Romanian version on Logos (Dumitru Cornilescu, the most used translation in Romania).

Thanks! May God bless you!

Adrian P.

Posts 1
Jonathan Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 9 2014 5:56 AM

Logos, we have not forgotten! For 3 years users have been asking for a Romanian Bible like the public domain Cornilescu. There are many brothers in Romania that need good resources, and many people in Romania that like to prepare using Romanian materials because it is a 2nd or 3rd language and it will help them to preach in the language better. Please make this happen!

Posts 2740
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 9 2014 9:30 AM

Petre, I would like to encourage you to not give up on seeing Romanian Bible in Logos. A couple of years ago we have been exactly in the same situation with the Czech modern translations. We have started knocking the doors of both Logos and our Czech publishers and the result is that now we have 2 modern translations in Logos.

Before it happens, you always can create your own Personal Book Bible if you have digital text available. Of course the best solution is to have an official Logos version. You can find a lot of information how to do that here: http://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books

Bohuslav

Posts 13
Petre Adrian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 9 2014 12:12 PM

Thank you Bohuslav! May God make this possible very soon! Yes, I use PBB, but I want a Bible that is accesible to tablet, phone in Logos App. I want to see a place for Romania also in Logos. And hopefully, that will happen!

Posts 423
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2014 2:29 PM

Jonathan Harper:

Logos, we have not forgotten! For 3 years users have been asking for a Romanian Bible like the public domain Cornilescu. There are many brothers in Romania that need good resources, and many people in Romania that like to prepare using Romanian materials because it is a 2nd or 3rd language and it will help them to preach in the language better. Please make this happen!

Jonathan, thank you for expressing your support for a Romanian language Bible on your very first post! :-). Let's hope someone on the Logos side will finally make this happen.  We've been waiting for this far too long.

Grace and peace!

Posts 423
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2014 2:48 PM

Petre Adrian:

Thank you Bohuslav! May God make this possible very soon! Yes, I use PBB, but I want a Bible that is accesible to tablet, phone in Logos App. I want to see a place for Romania also in Logos. And hopefully, that will happen!

Hi Adrian,

I think we should log on everyday on the forum and bump this request at least twice a day until we are either banned from the forums or Logos releases at least one Romanian Bible! :-).  I know you and I prefer the Cornilescu version since we are evangelicals and the Cornilescu translation is in the public domain but an Orthodox version would be extremely helpful as well since there are Eastern Ortodox Christians as well using Logos.  I have PBBs of the Cornilescu translation as well as an Eastern Orthodox version but, as you indicated, we can't use the PBBs on mobile platforms (yet)..

Grace and peace!

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2014 5:11 PM

In case it is useful for anyone, here is a Personal Book of the Cornilescu Bible. I don't remember where I got the text from, all I have done is reformatted it for Logos. There may be some errors. It has English book names, and uses the English word 'chapter', but perhaps someone could translate it and re-upload a revised copy.

5773.Cornilescu Bible.docx

Posts 423
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2014 8:53 AM

Mark Barnes:

In case it is useful for anyone, here is a Personal Book of the Cornilescu Bible. I don't remember where I got the text from, all I have done is reformatted it for Logos. There may be some errors. It has English book names, and uses the English word 'chapter', but perhaps someone could translate it and re-upload a revised copy.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for caring more than Logos seems to.

It looks like plenty of people have the Cornilescu translation but somehow Logos can't seem to find one.  We would be happy with ANY version of the Cornilescu translation. All they have to do is search their own forums to find one.  Any of us would gladly provide Logos with a docx file that Logos can turn into a regular Logos book and release it with any disclaimers they want/need. 

I am not mentioning the Cornilescu translation because I want to leave out the Romanian Eastern Orthodox Christians.  I tried to make a Romanian Eastern Orthodox Bible pbb but there is no bible data type that matches the verse/chapter numbering of the the Romanian Eastern Orthodox Bible so unless Logos makes something specifically for it getting it done via a pbb is difficult and time consuming.  I know because I tried.

The version you provided had 4 missing chapters in 1 Peter.  I added the missing chapters and I also used the Romanian book titles instead of the English ones.  Here is the file:
0537.Biblia - Traducerea Cornilescu.docx 

There is Cornilescu red letter version with modernized words and spelling here:
http://community.logos.com/forums/p/34051/297169.aspx#297169

And a crude version of the Eastern Orthodox version here:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/79489/558131.aspx#558131

Grace and peace!

Posts 423
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2014 10:13 AM

George:

Mark Barnes:

The version you provided had 4 missing chapters in 1 Peter.  I added the missing chapters and I also used the Romanian book titles instead of the English ones.  Here is the file:

0537.Biblia - Traducerea Cornilescu.docx 

A few more verses were missing in 1 Peter chapter 1.  I added those as well.  Here is the corrected file:

1385.Biblia - Traducerea Cornilescu.docx

And the other two I mentioned before:

There is a Cornilescu red letter version with modernized words and spelling here:
http://community.logos.com/forums/p/34051/297169.aspx#297169

And a crude version of the Eastern Orthodox version here:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/79489/558131.aspx#558131

Grace and peace!

Posts 423
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 22 2014 9:09 AM

Cornilescu translation with references and up to date spelling.

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/81422.aspx

Grace and peace!

Posts 2
Betuel Vararu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2018 10:20 PM

Several years past since this post and Logos is not very concerned about a Romanian version of the Bible. I have written some e-mails to them and after many attempts I received an email with the idea to have a Romanian bible as a personal book. But this is of not much help. It does not help to link it with commentaries and other projects at work. I don t know why there is not a desire to provide for a Romanian Translation. There is now several of them: Noua Traducere Romana (NTR), Cornilescu are one of the most useful. 

Posts 1
Emi Ciupe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2019 12:50 PM

One and a half year passed since the last reply to this post and still no sign of a romanian translation for romanian logos users. It's really annoying since we have Cornilescu traslation, NTR translation and the new EDCR translation. I'm sure that someone can do something to have it in Logos. We ask you again to take into consideration this one. 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS