Slower and s l o w e r a n d s l o w e r

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 128
Derek | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 12:40 PM

Thank you, these last few messages were much clearer regarding meaning and intent. Previous messages came across as saying that the indexer had not been running all morning, but only 8 minutes.

I have followed the advice of the Logos tech on the phone and I hope that solves my problem.

If the problem comes back, in say 2 days and the indexer is running at max disk and cpu... Will opening Logos (holding the ctrl key to enable logging) after the indexer has been running for 4 hours result in a log that presents an accurate length of time that the indexer has been running?  Or will it only log the indexer as having started from the time Logos was started in 'logging mode'?  

Thanks for helping on this.

Posts 25733
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 1:14 PM

Derek:
I have followed the advice of the Logos tech on the phone and I hope that solves my problem.

Would you share that advice with us?

Derek:
Will opening Logos (holding the ctrl key to enable logging) after the indexer has been running for 4 hours result in a log that presents an accurate length of time that the indexer has been running?  Or will it only log the indexer as having started from the time Logos was started in 'logging mode'?  

No and No! Logging starts when you hold the CTRLkey but it does not log the Indexer if it is already running. You can permanently enable logging as per http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging, and logs will always be available.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS