Wayne Grudem Systematic Theology (Links)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 7 2013 5:52 PM

Hi,

At the end of each chapter of Wayne Grudem's systematic theology, there is a section that points to the same chapter of other systematic theologies.  The only active link I have is for Hodge's Systematic theology.  It would be great if the other links were active, so that if you owned the work, it would open that resource.  If you didn't own it, it would do like the Faithlife Bible and give a preview.

Blessings,

Kevin

Posts 1121
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 7 2013 6:15 PM

I would also like to see these links functional.

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 7 2013 7:09 PM

Since we're voting, I agree.  But I thought that Logos periodically checks stuff like this and updates it.  Is this not true<?

Posts 2762
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 7 2013 9:27 PM

Kevin Olson:
It would be great if the other links were active,

I found much the same thing, but with a few complications.  For one, I could see a few other works actively linked, so I clicked on them to see what happened.  The 'preview' option appeared on some, and in the cases where I owned the resource, it usually opened.

But sometimes it didn't. Here (screen shot below) you can see an R.C. Sproul book linked, and when I click the link, I get the, 'you don't have the license' preview window. Problem is, I DO have the license, as you can see from my opened copy of the book (manually opened, not via the link) in my library.

???

I agree; a work like Grudem is much more 'Logos friendly' when the links all work.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 7 2013 9:46 PM

Resources Id difference. 

link to:lls:e4_mhs.

and logos 5 link to:lls:rcsmystBig Smile

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 2762
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 8 2013 8:07 AM

Ben:
Resources Id difference.

So how do I fix it? While it might be a difference, it shouldn't be. They are the same book.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 217
LogosEmployee
Jannie van Niekerk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 8 2013 8:40 AM

Thanks for the report!

I have made a note of this issue and it will be investigated when we next update this resource.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS