Synchronizing

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
PJ | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 15 2013 1:43 PM

When I close Logos, the window appears as usual stating "Synchronizing Please wait while your documents and settings are uploaded..." and there is an "Exit Now" button. Works fine most of the time. But after an update of resources or any large download, when I exit the windows appears as usual but hangs in this state for hours. If I manually "Exit Now" it hangs and I have to force quit. Any ideas?

Mac OS Version:      10.6.8

Logos Version:         5.1.2.83 (61512.0.83)

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 2:05 PM

It may help the techies to see logs. Please enable logging and post them after you have trouble next. See my signature line for assistance. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 12
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 4:35 PM

Thanks for the reminder about logging. I have used it in the past and forgot I still had it in my applications folder. It was still set to enable so I guess I got this last hang up.

Attached below is the zip file. I will also re-post with a new subject to insure more attention.

Posts 3183
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 4:45 PM

PJ:

When I close Logos, the window appears as usual stating "Synchronizing Please wait while your documents and settings are uploaded..." and there is an "Exit Now" button. Works fine most of the time. But after an update of resources or any large download, when I exit the windows appears as usual but hangs in this state for hours. If I manually "Exit Now" it hangs and I have to force quit. Any ideas?

Mac OS Version:      10.6.8

Logos Version:         5.1.2.83 (61512.0.83)

Unless Activity Monitor is indicating the application is hanging a longer than expected sync doesn't necessarily equate to a hang. Does Activity monitor indicate, for a long period of time, that the application is hanging? 

Posts 12
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 5:14 PM

Is it typical for Logos 5 to Sync for several hours after closing the app after it downloads 100+MB of downloads?

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 5:53 PM

PJ:
Is it typical for Logos 5 to Sync for several hours after closing the app after it downloads 100+MB of downloads?

No. There are some Mac users who have had difficulties with the app closing down, but they were running 10.9… and I don't remember the long "sync" at the end being the issue.

The logs <might> tell us what is going on. There is a chance it is just a .db file or the like that needs to be rebuilt.

Posts 12
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 6:59 PM

It still would not load the zip file. However, I did open Logos again and it noticed it did not shut down correctly and want to send a crash report.  I attached additional info about what I posted earlier. Of course, like before, when I go through this set of steps it works fine until there is a large download and install. Then it does the same thing when I close the program and it tried to sync (upload my documents). I guess I will just have to wait until there is another large download.

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 7:09 PM

PJ:
I did open Logos again and it noticed it did not shut down correctly and want to send a crash report.

That crash report goes to Apple, not Logos.

PJ:
It still would not load the zip file.

Can you give a screen shot of what is happening?

Posts 12
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 7:15 PM

Right now it is working fine. The problem only happens when there is a large download. I have set the log utility so when it does it again, maybe it will create a fresh log when it happens again.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS