Logos BLACKFRIDAY 2013 sales!!!!

Page 3 of 6 (104 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 103 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 3:47 AM

mike:

has the Theological Journal Library ever go on sale?

I hope this BF these journals will go really low so I can afford them.

I called once to ask and it doesn't seem to get any cheaper. I think the publisher sets the price... Of course you could always 'subscribe/rent' them from the TJL site, although its not the same. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
 ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 8
David J Cadenhead | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 12:02 PM

Brother Mike:

I am right there with you, as your choices are nigh the top of my Lifetime wishes, although I am positive Logos will surprise us all. In addition,

let's not forget our friends at Logos in our prayers for BF13. I am sure that they have a wish list of their own.

For you folks at Logos, could you please deliver a wish via the ombudsman for Academic (Seminarian/ Bible College) Sales [T. Sebens {?}], or

whomsoever is the appropriate Diplomatic Representative. With all of Logos, (especially if backed up by the upper echelon) I would hope for one 

humble request on BF13: a wish for Grace. That singular wish  might carry a great deal more clout, were it to come from (t)him [sic] & Logos

than from us paeans, (monkish seminarians), appearing to whine for breaks. If the request for GRACE is at the Great and Mighty Gates of Moody

Book(s) (Publishers, that is. They could be reminded that 275 titles offered out of the imputed Grace of the Holy (figurative) circumcision of their

hearts by the Spirit, so rendered because of Heavenly Vision, and statement of purpose, I know that they would not be thought of as having 

similarly hardened  hearts (of Pharaohnic variety), that  Big Corporate America seems to have adopted toward the folks at the very bottom of the

ladder economically (I pray that my heart is okay_ I just want to learn). There are so many people that would benefit exponentially by any move

in this direction (compared to a similar such gift of loaves and fish nearly 2000 years ago). Twould be immediately noticeable, as we,the lowly

pastoral disciples, learning and thereby teaching, and training, by the millions,... well the numbers are astronomical, when one considers what

a group of a couple of thousand (maybe) lowly pastoral disciples could do with support of that magnitude (given, however, our limited human

abilities). I am sure this is well known, & has been considered by Our Heavenly Father in His Sovereign Plan, (already so ordained). Any more

pleas on my part would border on idolatry of knowledge or even worse, money.

God, our common Father knows the strain and struggle in the ways of things in this world, these days. Any further attempts at intercession on

my part is both pedantic and unnecessary. The staff at Logos are continuing to support us in every way humanly possible, and I am grateful.

Blessings, in  Christ's Holy Name,

David C.

Posts 1839
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 3:55 PM

blackfriday count down starts ! yay

I wonder if the sales in the wishlist would have the same price for everyone?

Posts 3194
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 4:34 PM

If you want to give me a discount give it- but don't force me to have to register on Facebook- and do all the nonsense.

This is total bull. 

I wish I could get a total refund of every dime i have spent on this program.

Posts 2206
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 4:42 PM

Whyndell, I think you just have to put what you want them to price out for you in you wish list on Logos. I did not see anything related to Facebook. It appear to me they are trying to personalize the sale for what you want. I could be wrong, but I do not see how that is total.....

Posts 2117
LogosEmployee

Good news, Whyndell, you don't need to register on Facebook to either take advantage of the sale or to help pick items for the sale. Just add resources to your Logos.com wishlist. Details can be found here: http://blog.logos.com/2013/11/this-years-black-friday-deals-are-up-to-you/

Posts 8
David J Cadenhead | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 5:24 PM

Whyndell,

Apparently, you and I feel the same way about some of the Facebook nonsense that has invaded what I used to tell myself was a peaceful existence (before Face Book). However, I am confused as the dickens about what  you are referring to. The force of what felt like pure, molten ire seemed to leap off my screen when I read your post, I hope the gain on my wiring for sensitivity is high right now. I don't believe even in the foggiest orienteering, that Logos would or has, based, the acquisition of any resource on membership in any thing other than your own account. Is it possible, that some wires got crossed somewhere, or an assumption was made based on erroneous information?

In the Peace I'm trying to Learn By My Walk with The Holy Spirit, Brother,

David

Posts 6498
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 8:27 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

If you want to give me a discount give it- but don't force me to have to register on Facebook- and do all the nonsense.

This is total bull. 

Wow, some one woke up on the wrong side of the bed...LOL...cheer up! I've felt the same way before, but I love the program and little by little I'm rebuilding the library I used to own (it was literally paid for).  Once I get to own what I used to own then I'll probably stop and just buy what's necessary in extras.  So far no complains with Logos, great program! Though I must agree some sales get annoying when signing up to facebook or twitter or any other unnecessary stuff is involved.

Have a blessed night!

DAL

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:36 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

The program is free. It is the resources you have to pay for. Big Smile

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1839
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2013 1:37 AM

Super.Tramp:

Whyndell Grizzard:

The program is free. It is the resources you have to pay for. Big Smile

the printer is $5 but the inks are $70.

I heard that one before. Stick out tongue

Posts 26869
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2013 1:45 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:
This is total bull. 

You realize that I grew up on a cattle ranch. Please don't refer to a bull without at least identifying its breed. My Dad swore he couldn't see the bulls (or cows for that matter) if they were multicolor. Wink

On the other hand, my horse was an Appaloosa.Geeked

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2013 7:29 AM

Hoping for this set to be sold at pre-pub prices....

Dreaming? Maybe. But I think that would be awesome lol

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 260
Pastor Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2013 9:09 AM

I agree with Josh. The complete Theological Journals would be nice.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2013 10:45 PM

dcleghorn:

I agree it would be nice but I figure it won't happen. Are not the Journals a third party production?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1839
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2013 11:58 PM

abondservant:

ain't BF sale should be lower than pre-pub? .. only then i'll bite

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2013 12:32 AM

Super.Tramp:

dcleghorn:

I agree it would be nice but I figure it won't happen. Are not the Journals a third party production?

I think Galaxie still produce them, and there's not even academic discount available on them!

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2013 1:28 AM
From my understanding and from calling Logos the price is fixed on them, hence no discount of any kind...but we can always dream. Cheers, ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2013 5:47 AM

mike:

abondservant:

ain't BF sale should be lower than pre-pub? .. only then i'll bite

I meant to say community pricing :)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1501
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2013 9:07 PM

I'll throw in a few more...REMEMBER if you think these are Black Friday worthy ADD THEM to your wishlist.

1. Ancient Near Eastern Texts

2. Systematic Theology by Lewis Sperry Chafer

3. Holiness to the Lord: Exposition of Leviticus by Allen P. Ross

4. Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible

Page 3 of 6 (104 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS