Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Mark Mayberry | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 19 2013 7:23 AM
Since upgrading my various Windows devices to Windows 8.1, the Logos "Metro" app does not work. In cannot access my preferred Bible version (NASB). The GOTO Verse dialog box in the upper right corner does not function. I love Logos 5 Desktop version, but would very much like to see additional development of the Metro app. Thus far, it has been a disappointment, w/ Olive Tree and PocketBible beating it in terms of performance and features.
Posts 22114
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2013 8:52 AM

Hi Mark - and welcome to the forums

Mark Mayberry:
Since upgrading my various Windows devices to Windows 8.1, the Logos "Metro" app does not work. In cannot access my preferred Bible version (NASB).

This probably doesn't relate to Windows 8.1 but to changes in the resources which render them incompatible with the app - see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/75840.aspx for a discussion of this. As Bradley (Logos) states they are still working out what to do about this

Mark Mayberry:
I love Logos 5 Desktop version, but would very much like to see additional development of the Metro app.

The last we heard from Logos is that there are no current plans to further develop this app

Graham 

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2013 6:24 PM

We hope to have a fix to the "Modern UI" Windows 8 app out soon. Sorry for the trouble.

Posts 1874
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2013 8:13 PM
Bob Pritchett:

We hope to have a fix to the "Modern UI" Windows 8 app out soon. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks, Bob !

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 66
Christopher S Macy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:20 PM
Thank You Bob! it is always good to see you in the forums.
Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:43 AM

The updates to the Bible and Vyrso apps have been approved. After updating you should be able to view all your resources within the app. Please reply if you have any issues.

Posts 3
Jim Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2013 7:01 AM

I had to uninstall Vyrso and reinstall on WIndows 8.1, but after that it works great.  Thanks - Jim

Posts 65
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2013 11:44 AM

Some of the resources will not open when downloaded onto my Surface RT. When I uninstall it and access it from the cloud, it will open. What's up with that??

Posts 22114
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2013 2:55 PM

Hi Mark

Mark:

Some of the resources will not open when downloaded onto my Surface RT. When I uninstall it and access it from the cloud, it will open. What's up with that??

Which resources are you having problems with?

Graham

Posts 65
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2013 6:14 PM
So far as I'm aware of are the commentaries by James Montgomery Boice. There was another resource, but I don't remember what it was.
Posts 22114
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2013 11:14 PM

Mark:
So far as I'm aware of are the commentaries by James Montgomery Boice

Sorry, I don't have those

Hopefully someone who does and has the Windows app will be able to check whether it works on their system to see if it is a general problem or something specific to your setup

Posts 60
LogosEmployee
Ed Ball (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 7 2014 10:41 AM

This bug should be fixed in the latest release of the app. Thanks for the report!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS