Prayer List as Project List

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 174
Derek Browning | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 19 2013 8:43 PM

This may sound odd, but I've found myself buying books, watching sermons, conferences, having discussions etc. and thinking from time to time I'd love to do a study on "x" or this books on sale now, so I'm going to buy it, but won't be able to read it until later...

In most of these situations, I find that I forget what I originally wanted to study, or may start the study but forget where I left off, etc.  Tonight I explored the possibility of using the prayer lists as a way to created a checklist of books to read or studies to start, using the notes section in the prayers I could list resources to look at, or methods to use while researching, etc.

Anyone with a similar personality know of a better method?

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:42 PM

I would not say this is better, but what I do is set up the new book in a saved layout with whatever other resources I need with it (e.g. Bibles, Grammars, Handbooks, Dictionaries).  I use my layout list as my future study section.  For example, I bought Luther's commentary on Galatians.  I set it up as a layout with a Bible.  The  nice thing about this method is that when you start working through it, you can update your active layout and it acts as a bookmark for you, in case you need to start on something else.  I have many layouts setup like already.  It helps me prioritize my study. 

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2013 11:49 PM

Hi Derek

You could use the "Favorites" tool for this - http://wiki.logos.com/Favorites

Set up a folder for "Projects" and then for each book you want to study / topic you want to pursue create a separate sub-folder

You can then:

• "drag" books to the relevant sub-folder so they are easily accessible when you want them
  • put notes in the sub-folder to remind you of things you want to look at
  • put clippings in there to remind you of things of interest

Graham 

Posts 24837
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 12:03 AM

Derek Browning:
I'd love to do a study on "x" or this books on sale now, so I'm going to buy it, but won't be able to read it until later...

I would use a Notes file as it has better formatting than a Prayer List. Just use Add Note to create entries.

For books you already have, creating a layout is far better.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS