Can't use logos 5!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
David Coker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 29 2013 1:24 AM

Hi,

I updated to Logos 5 a few weeks ago. No problems for a while. Recently I open logos and it basically won't move. I can't select on anything. It is not indexing so that is not the problem. Seems like it need a reboot, but restarting does nothing to help. Have any ideas?

Thanks,

David

Posts 8900
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 3:48 AM

If restarting doesn't help my advice is to call customer service and speak with a tech. They can troubleshoot by taking remote control of your machine. I've had to do this a few times in the past and I've been really pleased with the service and my problems were solved quickly.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 3:59 AM

You could try rebuilding your index by typing "rebuild index" in the command box, unless you are unable to do even that.  You can also post the L5 logs that are generated when you start up Logos. If you need help doing either of those let us know.

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

Halo Hound:

You could try rebuilding your index by typing "rebuild index" in the command box, unless you are unable to do even that.

This seems unnecessary. The index seems unrelated to the problems in the OP.

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 9:37 AM

Hello David,

I apologize for the difficulty. I'd strongly recommend reading through our Performance Optimizing article to see if that helps. If you're using a Mac, especially, we can get a significant performance increase by un-linking Text Comparison as described in the article (we're working on a way to improve this in the future). If that doesn't seem to help, please let us know.

Optimize Article: http://www.logos.com/support/logos5/optimize

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS