How long to Prepare for Download? (OSX)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9
John Mabee | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 29 2013 7:00 AM

Just setting up my new MB Pro.  I am having issues installing Logos 5.

I have the Platinum edition.  Here is what I have done:

1. Logged into Logos website.
  2. Went to my "orders page".
  3. Downloaded Logos 5 for Mac.
  4. Installed Logos 5 for Mac.
  5. Opened Logos 5

The message reads "Preparing to Download (this may take a while)".  Four hours later, it is still preparing to download...

I have force-quit and reinstalled twice with the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 7:49 AM

Hi John,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry you're having trouble. I've forwarded this thread along to our customer service team. Someone will be in touch soon to help you troubleshoot.

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Posts 9
John Mabee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 7:58 AM

Thanks Ray!

I may have more information.  There is another program I am having issues with on my new MB Pro which is not reflected on my mac mini.  Their support guys just responded that the version of OSX 10.9 that ships with the new computers is actually older than the one released for upgrades.  I cannot update to the current version through the app store, so will have to wait for apple to get their act together...  :/

I don't know if this is the same issue with Logos 5.  Just wanted to pass it on.

Thanks,

John

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 8:35 AM

John Mabee:
the version of OSX 10.9 that ships with the new computers is actually older than the one released for upgrades.

Yes. Someone in China put OSX 10.9 onto your device, and the device takes a while to get here. The disc image is almost always out of date when a product first launches because updates come along afterwards. Often this is because bugs or glitches are discovered after the GM goes live.

John Mabee:

I had similar problems... Don't worry about reinstalling. Let it go for a while, kill it if you need to and repeat.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9
John Mabee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 8:48 AM

alabama24:

Yes. Someone in China put OSX 10.9 onto your device, and the device takes a while to get here. The disc image is almost always out of date when a product first launches because updates come along afterwards. Often this is because bugs or glitches are discovered after the GM goes live.  

I understand that, but in the past, running an update to the OS would bring it up to date.  This is not the case, apparently, for now.  I'll just patiently wait until they get everything worked out.

Thanks,

John

Posts 9
John Mabee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2013 6:58 AM

So far I have only received one email from support indicating that they needed to know my version of OSX.  I guess they didn't read the original email that included that information.  At any rate, I replied with that info.  Nothing back.

So, has anyone else tried to do a "clean install" on a new MBPro?

John

Posts 9
John Mabee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2013 7:00 AM

alabama24:

John Mabee:

I had similar problems... Don't worry about reinstalling. Let it go for a while, kill it if you need to and repeat.

So, how long do I need to let this go?

John

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS