ESV Audio Not Working

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 35 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2013 2:33 PM

Right, 'Bama!           *smile*             I didn't pick up on that!                                      The Lord gave you a sharp mind, eh???             

Well, Ron, you may be part of the Logos "Family"   ---            AND        ...........    methinks!   .......

.             the WELCOME stands!                 *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 10
Ron Tarver | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2013 3:13 PM

Thanks, Milford for the welcome.  No, I am not a Logos employee, just a retired computer geek among other things.  I spend a lot of time resolving computer problems for others.

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2013 4:36 PM

A double welcome to the forums then Ron! Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 51

Ah, sorry to be so dense that you have to take me through the process in baby steps.  Hope the attachment tells you what you need to know!

I really do appreciate what you are doing, Ron, especially as I now see you are not employed by Logos but are doing it simply out of a desire to help!

Any time delay in getting back to you may be because I'm in Adelaide South Australia, so we may be in very different time zones - Not sure where you are based, but Adelaide is something like 16+ hours ahead of the US west coast time!

Special blessing on you, Ron!

Posts 10
Ron Tarver | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2013 2:04 PM

John, you live way down under.  I live on the west coast of the US-Calif., you know, fruits and nuts area.  Your log shows error code
0xC00D10B3 NS_E_WMPCORE_MEDIA_UNAVAILABLE which means your Windows Media player isn't working with the audio stream Logos sends out over the internet.  See this web page: http://www.netcast.usf.edu/browse.php?page=Help/Windows%20Player , third box down, which is your specific issue.  Open WMP and go to Tools>Options.  If the Menu bar is not seen at the top of WMP, right-click in the blue area near Music>All music and click Show menu bar.  Then you can get to the Player tab and tick the box for Connect to the Internet.  (Mine is unticked but still works with the ESV audio !!??).   There are some other suggestions on that Netcast page for troubleshooting.

Here's a second site describing your issue and suggested fix: http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/12/qa-a-quick-fix-for-windows-media-player/?_r=0

You can try Microsoft's Fix It page for Media player here:  http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_media_player_diagnostic#smchome#enduser

Please let me know if anything worked or not.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2013 4:12 PM

Ron!                    You turned out to be an "angel"!                                                             *smile*

Bless you for the help you've given others.... !!!!!

If you still have the desire to "help" those who are "technically challenged," I personally could use some help. I and at least one other long-term forum member have some IE problems ...     ...........    I live in Eastern Canada, North of Lake Ontario             

Here is the "link" .... (if you don't have the time -- or "inclination," don't worry about it .... I'm using other browsers for now! )

It's just an "annoyance"                       *smile*

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/77129/539865.aspx#539865

Whether you're an angel or not, I do praise God for the angels that do show up in our lives, eh??? *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2013 1:08 AM

Your ideas are all good, Ron, but unfortunately I've tried them all without success.  Even played around with my router settings but no progress!

Might just have to be content with LEB until I upgrade to 8.1 My son says not to rush into that given that in all other respects Windows 7 is working well for me.

Thanks so much for all your attempts to help

Posts 10
Ron Tarver | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2013 9:44 PM

John, sorry this is a tough problem.  Let's consider just a couple more things.  Since your WMP works, can you click on an audio mp3 resource on the web and hear it play such as sermonaudio.com?  And do you have mp3 codecs showing in WMP (Help>About WMP>Techinical Support Info)?  Buried in your windows\winsxs subdirectories are two .dll files--one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit. [DMOMP3  Decoder DMO 0055 mp3dmod.dll  6.1.7600.16385]

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2013 10:44 PM

Yes, sermonaudio.com works fine and your bracketed codec is in the list of audio codecs under technical support (I assume that means I have it!)  Is it relevant that I have a 64-bit laptop? I copied the following from the support info page.  Hope that helps, though Mr Heath still isn't speaking to me!

DMO MP3 Decoder DMO 0055 mp3dmod.dll

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2013 6:52 PM

Well, would you believe Microsoft put through an update to IE 11 today for Windows 7 for x64-bit based systems and behold, ESV audio now works!!  Not sure what the connection between the two can possibly be - I don't even use IE (but I do have it installed and kept up-to-date).  Thanks so much to you Ron for patiently taking me through all the potential solutions.  Trust Microsoft to be the culprit all along!   Smile

Posts 10
Ron Tarver | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 12 2013 8:47 AM

John, very fascinating fix for a seeminglyunrelated issue.  But computers are mysterious and complex.  Thank you for posting the cause and good outcome.

Posts 16
Pastor Bob Higle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 12:48 PM

This might not be the right location to place this but ...

ESV Audio Plugin (Marv Allen) works but the default system narrator does not work for any bibles, commentaries, etc.

The system audio plugin worked through last weekend. I noticed this after the latest (Logos Bible Software 5.2 SR-1 (5.2.0.0052) ) update on Monday or Tuesday this week.

I am on Windows 8.1 with 8 G Ram and 1 TB of HD.

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 1:09 PM

Pastor Bob Higle:
This might not be the right location to place this but ...

It would be better if you created a new thread. Please explain your issue clearly, and give as much relevant info as possible. Also, when you write: "does not work," do you mean it won't play, or it isn't available? (Some resources don't have "read aloud" enabled due to publisher restrictions.)

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 1:30 PM

Hi Bob

I agree with alabama24 - a separate post is probably the best way to go.  However, I've checked on my two laptops (the slower one has the latest 8.1, and the faster of the two is still on Windows 7 - both the current versions, and both have the latest version of Logos) and the system narrator works for all books that are enabled, on both laptops (as do the other narrators on the ESV and LEB).  In fact, the system narrator on my slow 8.1 reads much more fluently that does the narrator under Windows 7 (though I don't know why this would be).

Perhaps you need to be sure you have the latest version of IE running? - don't ask me why, but this cured the original problem I was having - as per this post.  Just a left-field suggestion!  Hope you get this solved!  Smile

If you do set up a new post, can you please post a reference to it here, so I can follow through to see what solution is found for you.  Thanks

Posts 16
Pastor Bob Higle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 25 2013 1:06 PM

Hmmmhhhh ... I thought I deleted my post as I found there was (*always) more to this than meets the eye.

In short, I pushed the machines back to WIN8 (doing a refresh then quick install of Logos 5) and the problem went away.

please consider my issue mute!

peace & blessings!

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 25 2013 1:59 PM

Pastor Bob Higle:
please consider my issue mute!

Glad to HEAR it. Smile

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS