Lectionary and reflecions in parallel

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 3 2013 5:57 AM

I've started enjoying Reflections on the Daily Readings by the Daughters of St. Paul. However, I may have expected a little too much out of the 'link set' functionality in Logos. I set both the Lectionary and the Reflections to the same link set and I expected them to follow, but no cigar.

I may be missing something and hence my question: Since both resources have similar headings in the text that refer to the week of the year (e.g. thirty first Sunday in Ordinary time, year C), why doesn't the Reflections simply open to the same day the Lectionary is open at? or does it need to be a 'commentary' type instead of a monograph?

P.S. just realized that 'lectionay' is not recognized by this forum's spell checker dictionary.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2013 7:54 PM

Peace to a Brother of Peace!                   Am just getting ready to give it up for the day and am sending my warm greetings to you as we retire here in Oshawa!        *smile*                                          The only reason I'm "replying" is to share that someone is praying for you and your loved ones this evening In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.   Amen!                 God bless you and continue to make you a Blessing to many!    *smile*

......    and ......      hopefully, Sleiman, someone will respond to you tomorrow, eh?    

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2013 11:19 PM

Sleiman:
why doesn't the Reflections simply open to the same day the Lectionary is open at?

Thank you for showing yet again that my complaints regarding the lack of support for liturgical dates is well founded. Your expectations are above current Logos behavior ... but with Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican and Lutheran product managers the situation may change.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:37 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
The only reason I'm "replying" is to share that someone is praying for you and your loved ones this evening In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.   Amen!                 God bless you and continue to make you a Blessing to many!
Thank you Milford... you humble me. I'll be praying for you and yours as well.

MJ. Smith:

Thank you for showing yet again that my complaints regarding the lack of support for liturgical dates is well founded. Your expectations are above current Logos behavior ... but with Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican and Lutheran product managers the situation may change.

Ok, then I'm not really missing something. I do hope that functionality of liturgical dates gets improved. There's opportunity for enhancements that could yield much benefit for users of traditional / liturgical faith backgrounds.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS