BUG: Book of Common Prayer - missing links - big disappointment

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26747
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 5 2013 10:27 PM

It appears that not all  references are linked. This example is Ps 100 - which doesn't show up on a search. Jubilate Deo is a Bible reference - the incipit to Psalm 100 and the normal way to refer to Psalms in this context. I have not checked if the problem extends beyond the psalms to the canticles, etc. However, the canticles from Luke link to Luke 1:1 not to the reference in their name - Magnificat, Benedictus ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26747
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2013 11:04 PM

Same resource is very inconsistent in formatting - enough so to make it difficult to follow the flow of some portions. Examples:

Unfortunately I don't have a original copy to compare. Should I get a license plate "My other BCP is in the vault"? Okay, that's not true ... Sad

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 874
LogosEmployee

Ugh ... sorry about this MJ Sad  I'll certainly look into it. 

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 874
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 10:16 AM

MJ. Smith:
It appears that not all  references are linked. This example is Ps 100 - which doesn't show up on a search. Jubilate Deo is a Bible reference - the incipit to Psalm 100 and the normal way to refer to Psalms in this context. I have not checked if the problem extends beyond the psalms to the canticles, etc. However, the canticles from Luke link to Luke 1:1 not to the reference in their name - Magnificat, Benedictus

Have you noticed this with BCPs other than the 1662? I'm going through them all now trying to list out the issues and it appears that this issue may be limited to the 1662 ed.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 26747
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 1:24 PM

I didn't systematically check the bundle. I'll do some spot checking later today.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS