New download server for 5.2 RC 1

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8692
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 6 2013 4:54 PM

5.2 RC 1 is being delivered from a new file download server (this only applies to the program updates, not to resources).

You should see increased download speeds (except perhaps in the Asia/Pacific region, where there may be no improvement, sorry Dave).

Please post here if you experience any problems downloading the update.

(Note that the direct download links on the "Beta Warnings" post (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/52967.aspx) still point to the old download server; it's the downloads that are launched by "update now" that are changed.)

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2013 6:26 PM

I didn't have any problems downloading the update, but I did have problems installing it. Right-clicking on the system tray to install appeared not to work (it closed Logos, but didn't install). Loading Logos manually brought up the dialog box asking if I wanted to install. Clicking yes added an installer process, but nothing seemed to happen. I ended up with multiple processes:

Eventually, whilst I was typing this message, the installer did work without any further action. What caused the long delay, I don't know. I'm attaching the installer log, but I'm not sure that will help. The delay seemed to occur before the log was written.

5661.DigitalLibraryInstall.log

Posts 6651
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2013 6:43 PM

The downloader does seem faster in the Bahamas.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 4820
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2013 1:12 AM

Using an iMac and Mavericks the download downloaded just fine.

Clicking on the 'install' line in the ribbon bar however was unresponsive - there did not seem to be a link and the cursor remained as an arrow.

Restarting Logos allowed the upgrade to continue.

Posts 23214
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2013 1:31 AM

New download server and resulting installation worked fine for me.

Posts 10744
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2013 2:57 AM

Mike Binks:
Using an iMac and Mavericks the download downloaded just fine.

Same here. Can't comment on speed as I went to get a cup of coffee after typing "Update Now"

Mike Binks:
Clicking on the 'install' line in the ribbon bar however was unresponsive

Clicked Install in the Ribbon, and installation proceeded without any problems. (Perhaps the upgrade encountered turbulence in the North Atlantic Wink)

Posts 25864
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2013 2:18 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
You should see increased download speeds (except perhaps in the Asia/Pacific region, where there may be no improvement, sorry Dave).

Sad

It still downloaded OK, though.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS