Bible Study Magazine

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Mel Longtin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 17 2013 12:39 PM

Has there been a study of 1 Peter in Bible Study Magazine? If so, when?

Thanks

Posts 8969
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2013 5:42 PM

Mel Longtin:

Has there been a study of 1 Peter in Bible Study Magazine? If so, when?

Thanks

Yes, it was in the May–June 2010 issue. Here is a link to a review. - http://chattanoogan.com/2010/5/14/175660/Adam-Clagg-Writes-For-Bible-Study-Magazine.aspx

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 11
Mel Longtin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 4:17 PM

Thanks,

How do I get an electronic copy of the article?

Posts 169
Daniel NM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 4:51 PM

Mel Longtin:

Thanks,

How do I get an electronic copy of the article?

Paper edition is available for back order, but not electronic: http://www.logos.com/product/6654/bible-study-magazine-may-june-2010-issue

<!-- -->

Posts 8969
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 6:18 PM

Daniel NM:
Paper edition is available for back order, but not electronic

It does seem ironic. I look forward to the day when Bible Study Magazine is also available digitally but this is not the case now.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 6:53 PM

Bruce - how much use do you get out of BSM? Can you describe the parts that you value, and how you use it?

They offer it to me quite frequently but as of yet I have not ever taken advantage of it. Largely because of the delivery format, and secondarily I do not yet understand its value to me.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 8969
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 7:04 PM

abondservant:
Bruce - how much use do you get out of BSM? Can you describe the parts that you value, and how you use it?

I have subscribed to BSM since the first issue. I usually read it through from cover to cover in one sitting, skimming over some articles and reading some more carefully. How much I get out of each issues varies from issue to issue. 

Personally I'm trying to reduce the amount of paper in my life and am seriously considering canceling my subscription because it creates more paper and I have the added frustration that I can't search articles that I have read in the past.

Posts 169
Daniel NM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 8:08 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Personally I'm trying to reduce the amount of paper in my life and am seriously considering canceling my subscription because it creates more paper and I have the added frustration that I can't search articles that I have read in the past.

Yes Same here.

<!-- -->

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 1:43 AM

I know that this has been discussed in other threads, but I won't be renewing my subscription after this first year, not because it is not a good magazine but like Bruce says, the whole point of digital library is to reduce the amount of paper and files stacked around me. Furthermore, the overseas postage costs significantly increase the price, where as a digital copy is available for the same price anywhere in the world.

And to say again, I also find it surprising that the biggest electronic Bible software company in the world cannot take a lead in producing an ELECTRONIC magazine as well as the print copy. If Tabletalk Magazine can do both, why can't Logos?

Posts 5087
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 3:55 AM

Logos does not seem to get the message that users want an electronic edition of BSM.  I just cancelled auto-renewal on my subscription.  Once current subscription is finished, I'm finished with the magazine until there is an electronic copy.

Daniel NM:

Bruce Dunning:

Yes Same here.

Posts 8969
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 3:56 AM

Stephen McCracken:
And to say again, I also find it surprising that the biggest electronic Bible software company in the world cannot take a lead in producing an ELECTRONIC magazine as well as the print copy. If Tabletalk Magazine can do both, why can't Logos?

Of course we can only speculate. Certainly they have the expertise to make this a digital magazine as well so it seems primarily like a priority decision regarding how to best use the resources they have. We do know from what has been said by Logos before is that one of the primary reasons for having a paper magazine is that it reaches a whole different demographic of people.

I have waited this long to cancel my subscription because I keep hoping that things will change but I also realize that this is probably not going to happen in the near future.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 4:06 AM

I understand Bob's desire to have a hard copy presence in the world. Like nearly everyone else, I don't quite comprehend why that has to preclude a digital presence as well, for all the reasons stated above and more. I suspect it has something to do with Bob's perception that allowing the digital camel's nose under the edge of the tent would mean that eventually so many subscribers would opt for digital that few would want the hard copy version, making it less cost effective to produce the physical magazine. He might be correct in this assumption (if he holds it). There is a solution to this dilemma, which I have outlined before.

Logos should institute a Waiting Room gift option for BSM that allows digital purchasers to provide Logos with the addresses of doctors, dentists, lawyers, hospitals, etc. to whom the hard copy could be sent, while the purchaser receives their digital copy each month. This would dramatically boost subscribers who desire searchable digital only, while putting the hard copies in precisely the locations I imagine would be most beneficial to Logos...among those who are unfamiliar with Logos software and/or are not current customers. If Logos wanted to get serious about it, they could procure a list of waiting room locations and give purchasers a check box option that allows Logos to choose the hard copy recipient if the digital customer does not have a specific location in mind. It seems to me this would be a win-win scenario for everyone.

If Logos decides to implement this plan, I would, of course, not be adverse to them supplying me with a free lifetime digital subscription as my remuneration for coming up with such a brilliant bit of marketing savvy. Smile

Posts 1843
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 6:07 AM

I wish they would do both.  In order to get the digital you must get the hard copy.  

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS